Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

FREE WapitiTalk.com Decal Contest - Winners!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

FREE WapitiTalk.com Decal Contest - Winners!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 03, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Well, it's a tough contest ;) . All you gotta do is say "I'm in" and pick a number between 1 and 1000. After a week or so, I'll plug em' all into a number randomizer thingamajig and select a few folks to send a free decal to. I just got a new batch in the mail and what better way to say Happy Holidays than to give out a few super cool WapitiTalk decals! :D

Well, who's in and what's your number. Sure, you can participate if you'd like to replace an old faded version on your hunting rig also.

WT Decal.png
WT Decal.png (33.53 KiB) Viewed 4839 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: FREE WapitiTalk.com Decal Contest

Postby Tigger » 12 03, 2020 •  [Post 2]

I'm in! 611. I have a new cooler that needs one.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 12 03, 2020 •  [Post 3]

You should base the contest on who has been naughty and who has been nice. Anyway I fixed Tigger's number to better reflect where he stands on the Naughty/Nice scale. I'm in at 302 unless Tigger goes out of bounds on the naughty side.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkhunttoo » 12 03, 2020 •  [Post 4]

:lol: :lol:

I’m in 723
Elkhunttoo

Postby steviek » 12 04, 2020 •  [Post 5]

I'm in. I pick #2
steviek

First Name: Steve
Last Name: K

Postby Canthitbombz » 12 04, 2020 •  [Post 6]

I'm in. I pick # 224
Canthitbombz

Postby Swede » 12 04, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Welcome to the WT forum Canthit. I think you will need to change your handle to Cantmiss if you get a WT sticker. Just having one of those stickers on you bumper increases your chances at all types of game.
Swede

Postby Tigger » 12 04, 2020 •  [Post 8]

Sounds like Swede is jealous of your name and wants it for hisself!

W(elk)come!
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 12 05, 2020 •  [Post 9]

I had written up some smart crack about Swede , and was going to accept money to change his number.

Oh well; new phone, new computer this week .

Do I need a new sticker,.. no, but I do feel compelled to mess with Swede
So Im 978
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 12 08, 2020 •  [Post 10]

Lefty should be relegated to just the number one for his miscreant behavior this year and Tigger should just get the number two. Those two knuckleheads would get their wife something the wife ordered, bought and wrapped up for them, then they will add the W.T. sticker to personalize it. Disgusting.
Swede

Postby Tigger » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Thanks Swede! I hadn't thought of that. Great idea. Man I hope I win! Been a long time since you made a post that made so much sense. Congrats big fella!

Speaking of Christmas presents, have you seen the sweatshirts with "Spoon and Crockpot Club, Shooting Tomorrow's Trophy...today!" Pretty funny and I can see Swede wearing one of those like every day. Even to church.
Tigger

Postby 7mmfan » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 12]

I may or may not have already ordered this for Swede.... probably not.
Attachments
Swede.jpg
Swede.jpg (174.82 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Swede » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 13]

Larry, Moe and Curly have it all wrong as usual. I much prefer a mature cow or doe to a spike bull or deer. There is more for the spoon and crockpot with a mature animals. But I will take a spike if that is what shows up.
Swede

Postby Tigger » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 14]

Did you notice that Swede did NOT deny that he is going to be wearing one of those shirts to church!?! Figured as much. :lol:
Tigger

Postby Swede » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 15]

The only thing I ever wear with some sort of sign on it is a baseball cap. WapitiTalk is the one I wear most often, but I have a Matthews ball cap I wear hunting. They are camo. I have worn out my PSE cap, but it was my favorite. I liked it because it was white. I very rarely wear a sweatshirt and then only to work in or if I am cold and need an extra layer. I never wear one to church or where I will be meeting people. So if any of you jackanapes get any bright ideas; save your money.
Swede

Postby Billy Goat » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 16]

358 - my old cub scout troop # and first elk rifle caliber. seemed like a winner
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Qwhacker18 » 12 17, 2020 •  [Post 17]

I’m in #149

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Qwhacker18

Re: FREE WapitiTalk.com Decal Contest - Winners!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 21, 2020 •  [Post 18]

Heck, you can all have a brand spanking new WapitiTalk decal. It is the holiday season ;)

Elkhunttoo, Steviek, Canthitbomz, Bill Goat, Qwhacker18 and even you three stinky MODs (Tigger, Swede, Lefty) PM me your mailing info and I'll shoot a decal your way.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a safe, healthy, and happy New Year! RJ
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 12 21, 2020 •  [Post 19]

That is great RJ. My wife is nagging me hard to order a new Ford Bronco with the Sasquatch package. If I have to give in, a new sticker will come in very handy.

You guys do believe that she is hounding me something awful to order a new Bronco don't you? ;)
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 21, 2020 •  [Post 20]

Swede wrote:You guys do believe that she is hounding me something awful to order a new Bronco don't you? ;)

LOL, they remind me of the "Bronco II" when they came out... not such a good rig; maybe you should look at what wawhitey is getting for a better idea on a new rig :D
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 12 21, 2020 •  [Post 21]

I never had a Bronco II but the neighbor had one that he ran almost forever. I like the looks of Whiteys truck. They have some great discounts on them now. I would like one if I could get it equipped the way I want. That would take a special order and there would be no discount. Like I said, I like the looks of the new Bronco with the sasquatch package. I will probably settle for a red 2011 Ford F150 and a new WapitiTalk sticker.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 12 22, 2020 •  [Post 22]

I had an old 1070 Bronco,.. Dick Cepek lighting and fender flairs. I rolled it once, a drunk hit me from behind,.. Only reason Im still here I was wearing my lap belt .
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 12 22, 2020 •  [Post 23]

With the Forest Service I drove a number of Broncos and S10 Blazers. I would prefer the Bronco over the blazer any day. Only one Bronco was I disappointed with. It sucked dust in the cabin. It could be controlled by rolling up the windows and turning on the heater fan. It had no air conditioning, so you had to decide whether to have clean air or hot air. The old International Travelall was terrible about sucking dust. We wore face masks in it many years before Covid 19. It was an idiot's protest. We complained, but no one paid any attention to us. We were just a bunch of dumb kids.

What I disliked about the S10 was they were uncomfortable, cheap and too low to the ground for many of the roads we bounced over. The Fords and Dodges would clear places that the Chevy didn't. Looking at the Chevy Whitey has makes me thing that GM has cured that problem. I never cared for their drop frame construction. It made the pickup easier to get in and out of, but a pain off highway.
Based on ownership alone I would say that some of my favorite vehicles had a GM emblem. Some of the worst junk I had did also. One of the nice features I found with GM was their interchangeability of parts. It kept the prices down and any junk yard could replace your junk with theirs. One of the most aggravating things GM did was have going to their parts bin to use things on multiple vehicles. It worked well sometimes, but who would think they would try to make a diesel engine out of a small block gas engine? Who would think they would cut two cylinders off a small block V8 and make it a 4.3 L V6? Who would think they would take the brakes they engineered for a small sedan and put them on their 1/2 ton pickup? etc. etc. GM people are masters at engineering to meet minimum specs or close enough.

I am ranting now, but I am reminded of my 1980 Impala. The head liner was twisted so it did not fit properly. The outside molding was glued on and soon started falling off. One day I was going to work and suddenly lost power. I could barely go. I pulled over and opened the hood. The insulation liner under the hood had fallen off and was getting sucked into the air intake. Every time I start thinking about getting a new Chevy I still hear an uproar from the passenger seat of of whatever vehicle I am driving. That is a problem that was transferred on I guess, as my wife reminds me of that Impala. The last Chevy I purchased was a K10 pickup. The transmission was designed for a passenger car. It did not hold up well. The best I can say for GM is that they are not alone in producing vehicles that will more than irritate you.
Swede