Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Out of Office - WapitiTalk1

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Out of Office - WapitiTalk1

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 09 01, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Finally! After a long off season and an absolutely unprecedented crazy year, the gear trailer is loaded and staged by the shop, the Darton is shooting better than I, the Black Eagle arrows and Magnus broadheads are tuned to a T, and the trail cams we placed at strategic spots in mid July will surely tell my hunting partner (of some 19 years) and I many stories about what has transpired at our stomping grounds over the past month and a half. Work will go slow today and sleep will not come easy tonight. I'm outa here early tomorrow morning. I'll meet Joe early-dark-thirty at his office underground parking in Tacoma, park my old red truck, and hook the trailer up to his rig (his turn to drive to the hunt this year). After a 10ish hour trip across the Washington plains, we'll hopefully, pull into our old/favorite camp spot mid afternoon and start setting up our base for the next three weeks. Yep, we'll do our normal 2-4 day dives/bivy camps into our favorite deep and dark elk holes but will also be doing something a bit different this year. During our July scout trip, we prepped 4 tree stand sites and will we will deploying the Swede elk from above method at least a few times this Elktember. During the 3 1/2 days before the season opener, Joe and I will visit these spots and as a team, get the sticks, tree stands, and safety ropes/drop lines installed and ready for use when we decide to sit them. Elk will fall again this year, I know it. Good thing too as my wild game freezer is pretty much empty.

OK, you know the deal when the WapitiTalk head cook and bottle washer is out and about (and, has extremely limited cell service). Behave yourselves on our humble elk hunting forum. No cussin', no spittin', no drinkin', follow the forum rules, no staying up past 10 on a work/school night, no driving of my car, no posting of funny pictures of Swede in his tree stand, and no harrasin' of each other (except for the MODs, you can harass them all you want).

Good luck to all who are heading out during the early part of the big game hunting season this year. I wish you all a safe and prosperous adventure in the elk woods! RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Out of Office - WapitiTalk1

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 09 01, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Good luck to you RJ!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Lefty » 09 01, 2020 •  [Post 3]

I believe some of us are too busy up in elk country to be a problemI only occasionally get cell reception right now I’m waiting for my daughter at this view and then we’re gonna head into the timber
Attachments
3C36B674-9B50-4B76-9C25-BE24430F196F.jpeg
3C36B674-9B50-4B76-9C25-BE24430F196F.jpeg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lefty » 09 01, 2020 •  [Post 4]

I’m giving the boss man some instruction
Some of these poor soaps wait for rifle seasons
We need to agitate the with elk stories
Lefty

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 09 01, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Do you think he's out of service yet? I've got the paint shop all lined up to give big Red the MossyOak treatment.
Trumkin the Dwarf

Postby Indian Summer » 09 01, 2020 •  [Post 6]

Ok the boss is up a tree. Anything goes folks!
Attachments
E5F0E7EF-AC51-4A8A-B612-6A333B8966BE.jpeg
E5F0E7EF-AC51-4A8A-B612-6A333B8966BE.jpeg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 4767 times
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby >>>---WW----> » 09 02, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Go get em RJ! I'm sure you know by now that when the cat's away, the mice will play!!!!!! Good luck to ya !

Oh, I almost forgot, I have an old rusty luggage rack ready to strap on the roof of Big Red. So if any of you wapiti wackers need to haul your bloody elk home on top of Big Red, just let me know.
>>>---WW---->

Postby lamrith » 09 02, 2020 •  [Post 8]

Trumkin the Dwarf wrote:Do you think he's out of service yet? I've got the paint shop all lined up to give big Red the MossyOak treatment.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, gotta do mechanical work 1st, otherwise the grease monkeys will mess up the Camo.
F250 Superduty 4x4 drivetrain is ready and waiting. We will have Ol'e Red rolling coal in no time.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (106.57 KiB) Viewed 4702 times

I have a guy lined up to install the doggy door and built in dog kennel in the back as well. We will get RJ a family truckster for when he gets home.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby wawhitey » 09 03, 2020 •  [Post 9]

lamrith wrote:
Trumkin the Dwarf wrote:Do you think he's out of service yet? I've got the paint shop all lined up to give big Red the MossyOak treatment.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, gotta do mechanical work 1st, otherwise the grease monkeys will mess up the Camo.
F250 Superduty 4x4 drivetrain is ready and waiting. We will have Ol'e Red rolling coal in no time.
Untitled.png

I have a guy lined up to install the doggy door and built in dog kennel in the back as well. We will get RJ a family truckster for when he gets home.

Can we get a cheap lambo door kit too?
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Tigger » 09 08, 2020 •  [Post 10]

I have always thought wood grain panel siding would look good over the camo on Big Re.....uh, Big Camo. Who has the Texas Longhorns to mount on the front?
Tigger

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 09 08, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Tigger wrote:Who has the Texas Longhorns to mount on the front?

I do believe I'm the only admitted resident of Texas here... I guess I can go rope a big fella and skull cap him. Freezer's getting low anyways.
Trumkin the Dwarf

Postby 7mmfan » 09 08, 2020 •  [Post 12]

I thought I had a good lead on some here in Western WA. Even paid the guy a deposit. Turned out to be a 2 year old dairy heifer that got hit by a train. It'll due until TTD gets the big ones up here.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Tigger » 09 11, 2020 •  [Post 13]

Tigger out of office too! Starting tomorrow. Swede is gone and Lefty barely has reception. Joe is the only Mod left. I am a little worried that all you hooligans are gonna gang up and smother poor Joe. Hang in there Joe buddy, there will be reinforcements in a week or so. You may have only 1 eyebrow left, have slurred speech, have dyed purple back hair, and walk with a limp, but you will get through this.

For me, we leave early morning. It's on fellas. It's ON!
Tigger

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 09 14, 2020 •  [Post 14]

Good luck to all heading out or on their Wapiti hunt now. My big elk hunt for 2020 is over almost as soon as it began. Joe and I had to cut our hunt very short as he had to leave to head back East (he’s originally from PA) to be with/help his pop who’s in bad shape. We packed up camp over the past day and a half and returned to WA this evening. Family first, always. Please keep my buddy’s pop and my partner in your thoughts as they go thru these challenging times. I’ll get out a bit in the WA ML season and see if I can bring an elk home for dinner. RJ.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Elkhunttoo » 09 14, 2020 •  [Post 15]

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers for your hunting buddy and his family
Elkhunttoo

Postby 7mmfan » 09 15, 2020 •  [Post 16]

That's tough, but you are right, family is always first. Good luck in the WA elk woods. They're starting to do a lot of talking recently.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Lefty » 09 16, 2020 •  [Post 17]

Hope all goes well with your partner
And yes family first!
Lefty

Postby Indian Summer » 09 18, 2020 •  [Post 18]

My partner’s dad is having a tough time right now. We were supposed to go do some shooting this weekend but had to oush it back a week so he could be there for him. Life throws you curve balls and I feel terrible for you and Joe. I wish you’d come to Wyoming next year to make up for it. Good luck hunting in Washington my friend.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro