Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

It’s almost here!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

It’s almost here!!

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 1]

I shared this poem I wrote about opening day a few years ago. It says just a little about how I feel about opening day and elk season:). Put it will some pics and posted it. Only 2 weeks now!!!
Elkhunttoo

Re: It’s almost here!!

Postby Swede » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 2]

The message says the same thing my pastor would like to convey to me, when I talk about leaving for hunt. "An error occurred. Please try again later!"
My computer says "Not secure. Your connection to this site is not secure." Maybe that is why I often get the error message when links are posted.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 3]

I was hoping this one wouldn't error. For anyone that wants to see it and gets the error you can go to YouTube and search "herdbull365" to go to my channel. Sorry about that
Elkhunttoo

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 4]

I’m able to see it fine (maybe Swede needs a new PC ;) ..). Excellent, thanks for posting this. It’s almost here :D
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 5]

I think it is my swimwear, er I mean antivirus software. It tries hared to keep out all undesirable nonsense, but sometimes gets a little too ambitious. Just don't try electronically to find my tree stand locations or it will sabotage your computer or your spy phone.
Swede

Postby Swede » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 6]

I have watched several of your videos now. I have not seen the shot on the bull yet, but will get to it soon enough. I never came across a poem either.
I find the bicycle trailers to be interesting. The one with the yellow box/black lid is exactly what I am using this year. I too have a converted kid hauler that my son got from Craig's list for real cheap. I removed the top and made it into a pickup type of trailer with the plastic box. It looks like yours was working. Did you have any problems with it?
Swede

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Hmmm...now you have me worried Swede. I don't have very many videos. If you are watching a guy and his wife with the trailers on their bikes that's a different channel then mine. That channel is Northwild, I'm subscribed to them and they do a good job. At least that who I'm thinking you are watching. My channel is HerdBull365. If you just type in the search bar on YouTube my channel name or "opening day, archery elk hunting poem" you will find mine
Elkhunttoo

Postby Magic » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 8]

Sadly this is a planned "skip" year for us so we will concentrate on home-grown whitetails.
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby Swede » 08 16, 2020 •  [Post 9]

I will try again tomorrow. I hit the arrow on your video connection and it sent me to Northwild. I typed in Herdbull365 first. Maybe I needed to capitalize the B to make the connection.
Swede

Postby Swede » 08 17, 2020 •  [Post 10]

I got it. It is HerdBull365 for sure. Best wishes on your 2020 hunt.
Swede

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 17, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Swede wrote:I got it. It is HerdBull365 for sure. Best wishes on your 2020 hunt.

:) thanks! Same to you. Glad you found it
Elkhunttoo

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 17, 2020 •  [Post 12]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:I’m able to see it fine (maybe Swede needs a new PC ;) ..). Excellent, thanks for posting this. It’s almost here :D

Thanks RJ... Swede had me scared for a minute ;)
Elkhunttoo

Postby MtnOak » 08 22, 2020 •  [Post 13]

My trip was cut short by a whole week last year, my partner last year just broke down physically and mentally, we had to break camp at night and get him home........unfortunately the meadow id been hunting around for 3 days a good bull walked right across the edge of it while I was glassing from the camp side mtn the same evening thinking I would be over there in the morning and stick my first bull in years but just didn’t work out That way.

I’ve been mad and chomping at the bits to get back out there not just to kill a elk but just to be in the mountains again.....to be in gods country again, I literally just love the adventure from the time I pull out of the driveway until I pull back into it...
MtnOak

Postby mdavis » 08 22, 2020 •  [Post 14]

MtnOak wrote:My trip was cut short by a whole week last year, my partner last year just broke down physically and mentally, we had to break camp at night and get him home........unfortunately the meadow id been hunting around for 3 days a good bull walked right across the edge of it while I was glassing from the camp side mtn the same evening thinking I would be over there in the morning and stick my first bull in years but just didn’t work out That way.

I’ve been mad and chomping at the bits to get back out there not just to kill a elk but just to be in the mountains again.....to be in gods country again, I literally just love the adventure from the time I pull out of the driveway until I pull back into it...
Unfortunately just because someone is a friend doesn’t necessarily make them a good partner. It’s important too make sure prospective partners are of the same mindset and physical abilities. Sorry for your situation better luck this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mdavis

Postby Lefty » 08 22, 2020 •  [Post 15]

Im still getting an error
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 22, 2020 •  [Post 16]

Lefty wrote:Im still getting an error

You and Swede, be careful of the company you keep lefty ;)

Search HerdBull365 in YouTube and it will take you to my channel and you can watch it...one week away now
Elkhunttoo

Postby Lefty » 08 23, 2020 •  [Post 17]

I need to buy a toilet seat. New unrelated sentence: and clean the pickup sleeping pad. I keep thingking I need to buy more camp food, But I only need the fresh items
I would like to listen to a few different podcasts/you tubes

And my shooting has been good !

Elkhunttoo wrote:
Lefty wrote:Im still getting an error

You and Swede, be careful of the company you keep lefty ;)
Search HerdBull365 in YouTube and it will take you to my channel and you can watch it...one week away now

Somethings going on with our internet at home. I think the school kids are using it up.
And as far s Swede, I made sure he cant hunt Idaho/ Montana this year.

I still cant see the video,.. post a link and Ill see if Swede is worthy to see it
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Tigger » 08 24, 2020 •  [Post 18]

Lefty, If you want to listen to a good....no GREAT podcast, listen to Randy Newberg's podcast #129. Fantastic guest! ;)
Tigger