Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What Have You Seen?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What Have You Seen?

Postby Swede » 12 12, 2015 •  [Post 1]

I have seen a lot of different wildlife critters from my tree stands over the years, but I am sure some of you have observed many different birds and animals. My list consists of elk, deer, Black bears, cougars, turkeys, and badgers. Ok, badgers are not considered game, but I shot one once, when I was on the ground, for startling me. The badger was about five yards in front and hissing when I shot. The arrow just bounced back at me, off his head, and landed about three yards away. The badger shook its head and just walked away. I stood there stunned in disbelief. When I picked up the arrow there was blood only about 1/4 inch up on the very tip of the broad-head.
I have also seen plenty of coyotes, and some rabbits. Hawks, crows, buzzards, owls, and numerous other birds come around occasionally. I have seen birds like geese fly over, but I am not counting them.
What kind of critters have others seen. Griz? Moose? Sasquatch?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: What Have You Seen?

Postby Ilikefire » 12 13, 2015 •  [Post 2]

I once saw a naked guy walking under my stand with a towel and what I assumed was a bar of soap, walked to a spring about 100 yards away from my stand heard him splashing and singing then walked back under my stand. Neither time did he realized he was not the only one in the woods that day.

I've also seen the normal birds, deer, bear cubs, chipmunks, squirrels, coyotes.
Ilikefire