Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

The ok tell of what tree

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

The ok tell of what tree

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 13, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Just got home from putting up the other 2 of my three stands. Yes, it’s 1 am and I’m super tired…it took us a while to select the tree at the first site today…then when we got the steps up we didn’t like the view at all to we moved it to another tree…it took a while but the set up seems solid and I think it will be a great spot…by the time we got the stuff packed into the second stand location we were super tired…this is a good location but we are trying to find a tree to cover both water crossing’s … we put it on a tree that I would of never thought originally but it should be good…ran out of energy and daylight so we hiked out in the dark and that spot still needs a bit of work. When we were about 75-100 yards from the four wheeler a couple wolves started howling right by our wheeler…I had my labs with me and so that was a little worry but we got loaded up and out of there with no problems

So hope we got the stands in the right trees…we also made it into the other stand we put up a few weeks ago and got all of the lanes cleared out…it should be ready to go
Elkhunttoo

Re: The ok tell of what tree

Postby Swede » 08 15, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Sounds like you are about ready. A few good pictures would help us see what you have. If you don't have any now, please get some this season. I will do the same.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 15, 2022 •  [Post 3]

Will do… I just saw my title to this tread and you can tell I posted it at 1am ;) … I took some video and I will try and post it up…so excited for the season to get rolling
Elkhunttoo

Postby Swede » 09 18, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Elkhunttoo wrote: you can tell I posted it at 1am

No problem. You did better than I would at that time of day. :D Best wishes on your hunt.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 09 19, 2022 •  [Post 5]

My tree climbing days are over.
I've spent a few hours a couple nights at my ground blind.

20220916_173337.jpg
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 09 19, 2022 •  [Post 6]

That must have hurt standing on your head for hours. Either that or your picture is upside down. :D
Swede

Postby Lefty » 10 18, 2022 •  [Post 7]

I got a new phone so maybe my pics will quit spinning.
And Swede your suppose to be the one on your hear
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H