Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Tree Stand Hunting is for Ugly Trolls

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Tree Stand Hunting is for Ugly Trolls

Postby Tigger » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 1]

I was encouraged by one of our well-established forum members, who occasionally has been mistaken for an ugly troll, to put up this thread.

The question is, why are tree stand hunters generally uglier than run-and-gun elk callers? It is a well known phenomena. Do they feel the height above eye-level may hide their mug and orneriness?

Want an example? Have you ever seen Jennifer Aniston in a tree stand? NO!!! But Swede has been in one.... :lol:

Yeah, it is the off season. We need to liven this bunch up a bit.

Whitey, how is the cat hunting going?
Tigger

Re: Tree Stand Hunting is for Ugly Trolls

Postby Swede » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 2]

I had not noticed until you pointed out Jennifer Aniston as a person to compare with. What I had picked up on is how intelligent tree stand elk hunters are, but that only goes so far too.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby 7mmfan » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 3]

I've never been compared to a troll. A hobbit yes, occasionally a small sasquatch, but not a troll. However, I've also spent limited time in a tree stand, and never shot from one. I can see how those with physical deficiencies would like being above everyone else, looking down their long troll noses at us. Must be hard to see over the warts. I'm getting off track though.... Trolls are smart, with their riddles and such. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to gain access to one of Swede's best water holes.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Swede » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 4]

There is a magic key that allows you access to one of my stands. That key is to ask where the stand is and get the GPS coordinates. :D
Swede

Postby wawhitey » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 5]

I stopped lion hunting when all our snow melted off. Decided to kill time by getting in a treestand for elk. Only gave it a few days though. I just felt like i was too damn pretty to be up there. Started lion hunting again today. Went up to my deer spot and low and behold, i had 3 treestands and a trail camera stolen. The culprit must be one hell of an ugly troll. Did see a damn big 5x5 whitetail near one of my now ruined treestand sites. Great spot, but im not dumb enough to hang a stand there again.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 6]

I have had things taken, but your loss seems bigger for one incident than any of mine. Bummer!
Swede

Postby wawhitey » 12 07, 2021 •  [Post 7]

I know a couple other guys that hunt this area too, just a couple miles due south of me. Between them they had 1 treestand and 4 cams stolen. Some dirtbag has been real busy up here. Id sure like to catch him.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 12 08, 2021 •  [Post 8]

The ugly troll in your area is this thief. I hope you can catch him. I totally dislike thieves.
Swede

Postby Elkhunttoo » 12 10, 2021 •  [Post 9]

wawhitey wrote:I know a couple other guys that hunt this area too, just a couple miles due south of me. Between them they had 1 treestand and 4 cams stolen. Some dirtbag has been real busy up here. Id sure like to catch him.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
That’s super irritating!!! I wish people would just leave stuff a lone…I only got two different guys on my trail cams this year. One guy I get every year, he hunts the same draw as I do and he has never touched anything…I’ve never even talked to him before because we seem to always hit the canyon on different days but I appreciate that he doesn’t mess with stuff…I had another guy walk into a bedding area I had a camera in this year…I did get a picture of him reaching out and grabbing the camera…not sure if he checked the memory card or not but he left it all there and working
Elkhunttoo

Postby Lefty » 01 13, 2022 •  [Post 10]

This was originally posted while I was elk hunting, maybe I read it once or twice or 5 times and never responded.

Tigger an obvious statement about tree stand trolls
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H