Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

ANNOUNCEMENT! ElkNut Forum Changing Hands!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

ANNOUNCEMENT! ElkNut Forum Changing Hands!

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 11, 2015 •  [Post 1]

Guys & Gals, I'm stepping back as the owner & operator of the ElkNut Forums but not to worry it will be in very capable hands! Of course I'm not leaving the forum, I will be here daily either posting or reading what's going on! With so much on my plate these days & the busy life style that ElkNut Outdoors has grown to I have to cut back somewhere! There is only so much time in a day to accomplish a long list & keep abreast of all the additional needs that a Forum requires.

I want all to know that I've appreciated all of you & your amazing support, please offer this same support to the New Owner who everyone knows as Phantom16. (Rory Janicke) As most know Rory does more for this Forum than I do! (grin) He is the perfect humble person to keep things running smoothly. I would not turn this over to just anybody but I have a keen appreciation & friendship with Rory & his abilities, he's a good man & will work hard for all of you here! I'm sure if & when there are changes that it will be done with sincere consideration for all the members here!

I'm sure Rory will respond here & maybe share a bit of what's on his mind for the Forum!

Let's please give Rory a warm hearty welcome & give your support to him now as you have myself the past! You couldn't have a better person at the helm!

Rory, thanks from the bottom of my heart for being a good friend!

Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT! ElkNut Forum Changing Hands!

Postby GobbleFarmer » 10 11, 2015 •  [Post 2]

WHEW! I was worried Phantom was committing mutiny! Now we all have to call Rory BossMan :lol: . Sounds goofy saying welcome to someone that has been a part of this forum for years, but I for one welcome Rory as the new BossMan. Do you have any thoughts for things you want to change Phantom? I don't know how this forum could get any better than it already is! :)

I'm glad your business is doing so well ElkNut, good problem to have, I suppose. Thanks for all you've done so far Paul, and I'm glad that you'll still be able to be on here frequently! :D
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Postby twinkieman » 10 11, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Congrats Rory!, And to you as well Paul! I truly think we are all in good hands, and this will remain the foremost forum for elkaholics for years to come.
twinkieman

First Name: marc
Last Name: anderson

Postby Lefty » 10 11, 2015 •  [Post 4]

Congratulations,.!!!
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby powderhogg01 » 10 11, 2015 •  [Post 5]

congrats to both of you, always good when your business is doing well. Good to see the forum in safe hands
powderhogg01

First Name: sam
Last Name: cohen

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 11, 2015 •  [Post 6]

Thank you for the very nice transition announcement Paul. As I've said many times since you've offered me the helm of this fine forum, I appreciate your offer, confidence in me, and I will do very best to keep this small spot in cyber-space, a special place, that all elk hunters (new or seasoned) can gather and talk about these big, stinky galoots before, during, and after our time in the elk woods. About three years ago, Slim9300 (Conlan) came to my house and made me watch a handful of DVDs against my will. What can DVDs tell me about elk hunting? NOTHING, as I'd been hunting elk since I was a pup in NW MT starting in the mid 70s and had seen my fair share of so called "this is how to do it" tapes and DVDs. Well, I was more than a bit wrong. The Elknut philosophy of elk language interpretation and hunting tactics, located in those DVDs, really turned me upside down. I know as I sit here typing, if I had been exposed to your philosophy so many years ago when I started, and throughout my hunting career (with the exception of the brief Army mission interruptions I encountered over my military career that prohibited me from being "out there"), I would have most certainly put many more bull noses in the dirt. It is with sincere appreciation and admiration for you, and what you do for the elk hunting community Elknut1, that I accept the offer to continue this forum. Thank you Sir, and again... I'll do my best to keep this camp strong.

It'll be a handful of days before the logistics are all settled folks but I'm not going to change something that works already too drastically. Yes, the name will change (Wapiti Talk) but this forum will still be linked closely to the Elknut philosophy. I'm hoping many of the current sponsors will hang around and I've got a few ideas for some new ones. So here we go, and please bear with me as we go through the logistical transition to a new name for this fine forum and all that accompanies it. I'll do my very best to keep our elk camp strong, informative, and a place everybody feels comfortable stopping by.
Thanks again Elknut.. Phantom16 (Rory).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 10 12, 2015 •  [Post 7]

Wow RJ. Congratulations, I guess. It looks like a great challenge and an opportunity all at the same time. Best wishes.

I am pleased that Paul has enough business to keep busy without the forum management. Congratulations to you too.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Toothy » 10 12, 2015 •  [Post 8]

congrats on the new job!

Will you continue using phBB or migrate to something newer like simple forums?
Toothy

Postby Indian Summer » 10 12, 2015 •  [Post 9]

Wow. I read this before work this morning and was a bit shocked.

Swede is back in town too. Are there like uh... some planets aligned or something that I'm not aware of? :D

Best of luck guys.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Trophyhill » 10 12, 2015 •  [Post 10]

Congrats Rory! Paul is right. The Wapiti Talk forum is in capable hands! i want to thank Paul for being a great mentor and willingness to share with others. that is part of what makes a good business great! Customer Service and what Paul has shared freely over the years is a great perk and added benefit provided by Elknut Outdoors. Great job Paul Medel and best wishes!
Certified Elk Junky
Trophyhill

First Name: David
Last Name: B

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 12, 2015 •  [Post 11]

Will do my best guys. Hoping a good handful of regulars hang around to keep me on track ;) David (Trophyhill) is gonna continue as a moderator, but, I need one more to keep things running smooth and on track. Send me a PM if anybody is interested. Joe (Indian Summer), I sure hope you'll continue to hang around (I suspect you will). Tell you what, I'll buy you a beverage at Toby's the next time you make it up this direction :D John (Swede), always glad to see you around. Let me know if you want me to advertise your Tree Stand Hunting Rocky Mountain Elk here. I love that book and to my knowledge, there is none else like it out there.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Ghost » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 12]

Well there goes the neighborhood!! :D Best of luck Phantom!
Ghost

First Name: Cort
Last Name: A

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 13]

Thanks guys! Rory will do awesome, just look how well he handles the ElkNut Calling Contest & the support & encouragement he offers everyone here already, he is a shoe in as the right man for the job!

Of course I'm still here, it's that Rory is now the one running the show & that in itself buys me more time in other directions! Life is full of wows & decision making, this is just another one! (grin) Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Indian Summer » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 14]

Yes he is the man for the job... he gets paid to surf the internet! :lol:

Rory and I have had many talks on the side. Other than elk hunting one thing we have in common is our dedication to this website. That and our incredible senses of humor right Rory? :roll:

So anyway I'm sure the new guy doesn't want to lose any members so I guess we can get away with murder for at least a little while... right Rory :?: :?: :?: ;) Might be time to revisit the Joke of the Day thread and spice it up a little.

I'm sure you know but I'll say it anyway... if you need anything let me know and yes that includes a moderator to replace yourself. Moderators are immune to the rules right? Diplomatic immunity?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby lamrith » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 15]

ElkNut1 wrote:Thanks guys! Rory will do awesome, just look how well he handles the ElkNut Calling Contest & the support & encouragement he offers everyone here already, he is a shoe in as the right man for the job!

Of course I'm still here, it's that Rory is now the one running the show & that in itself buys me more time in other directions! Life is full of wows & decision making, this is just another one! (grin) Thanks!

ElkNut1

Very true! Rory is one of the most helpful folks I have met on any forum I am part of, and I get around.. errr, that didn't sound right... :lol:

He has gone out of his way to help me (slowly on my part) working toward getting out Elk hunting for the 1st time. Even down to listening to a clueless novice wailing on a diaphram call in his garage.. Though I am sure the beverages helped dull the senses so it was not too damaging.

Best of luck Paul, glad to know you will still be around here and other forums. Good luck Rory, sounds like you are gonna need it with some of the jokers around here!
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby CurlyTail » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 16]

Change can be a good thing. Happy for Paul to free up some time. I am sure Phantom16 will be great.
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby wewarev » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 17]

Congratulations to both Paul and Rory in your expanded and differing roles. Both of you have been very helpful to me and many others and I know you will continue to do so.
I believe this forum to be the best and most helpful Elk hunting forum out there so I'm thrilled it will continue in capable hands while still receiving Paul's invaluable input.
wewarev

First Name: Rodney

Postby Wapiti » 10 13, 2015 •  [Post 18]

RJ Congrats bud !! You will do great things moving forward. I'm looking forward to working with all you guys and gals for a long time !!

Paul, you were born to succeed in any direction you go and I have no doubt you will !! We'll be talking really soon ;)
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby dotman » 10 14, 2015 •  [Post 19]

Oh man, Dora is probably a happy doe now that RJ is the boss :lol: congrats man!
dotman

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 15, 2015 •  [Post 20]

dotman wrote:Oh man, Dora is probably a happy doe now that RJ is the boss :lol: congrats man!

Ya, ya Tim. We all know who that sultry mule deer doe had her eye on high on that Idaho mountain a few years back. :D
WapitiTalk1

Postby Njdiverdan » 10 15, 2015 •  [Post 21]

congrats to you both. I am sure that this will continue to be the best elk hunting site on the web.

-dan
Njdiverdan

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Smith

Postby dotman » 10 15, 2015 •  [Post 22]

Phantom16 wrote:
dotman wrote:Oh man, Dora is probably a happy doe now that RJ is the boss :lol: congrats man!

Ya, ya Tim. We all know who that sultry mule deer doe had her eye on high on that Idaho mountain a few years back. :D

Big E and his queen sized bed setup :)
dotman

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 15, 2015 •  [Post 23]

dotman wrote:
Phantom16 wrote:

Big E and his queen sized bed setup :)

"Or" the rhythmic snoring coming from either one of your tents ;)
WapitiTalk1

Postby Stick » 10 16, 2015 •  [Post 24]

A leader is only as great as his ability to delegate! Paul has been a good leader and I can only trust that his choice of Rory to lead now will confirm that. I'm with ya.

Sorry got all philosophical on y'all there. Lol
Not all who wander are lost!
Stick

Postby Elkduds » 10 16, 2015 •  [Post 25]

Paul, I can't thank you enough for this forum. The informed opinions here, of course including yours, are far above the content of other forums. The constructive, helpful and supportive tone you have created here is not something I entirely understood @ first. After taking part for a few years, I have come to value the rules as well as the opportunities for users. Thanks for being strong about what is acceptable here. The result of your efforts, along with moderators and members, is the best of its kind on the web; something I look forward to every day.

RJ will guide the forum well. He has impressed me many times, not only with great responses to my requests from a moderator, but especially with his contributions as a poster. Ditto for David, you both have made me feel personally welcome and I appreciate it very much.

This doesn't feel at all like random monikers changing on an anonymous forum, here today, gone next week. It is more personal than that. I'm sad that Paul is letting go. I'm thrilled that it is staying "in the family." I can't wait to see where we go from here :arrow:
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Old school » 10 16, 2015 •  [Post 26]

Paul - a big thank you for this forum. I've learned more here in a few months than I had in many years on my own. Your willingness to spend time answering rookie questions has been much appreciated. I wish you the best in your endeavors.

--Mitch
Old school

Postby bald9eagle » 10 17, 2015 •  [Post 27]

I can't handle change!!!!

Seriously, congrats Rory. Does this mean we can talk about Paul now?
bald9eagle

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 17, 2015 •  [Post 28]

Ha Ha, you can always talk about me, heck I can take it! I might talk back though! (big grin)

Thanks guys for the comments & support, it's always a pleasure to talk to ones & share all the info I can, we all know Rory has a head full of hard earned knowledge that he's acquired over the years that he is more than happy to share. Too, look at all the great guys here that are willing to do the same, let's not overlook them! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby zpd307 » 10 18, 2015 •  [Post 29]

im gone for a few days, and this is what I come back to....... :D congrats and good luck rory!!!!!
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s

Postby elkstalker » 10 19, 2015 •  [Post 30]

Congrats RJ! Looking forward to many more years of sharing our passion around this campfire!
elkstalker

Postby 82ndreddevil » 10 22, 2015 •  [Post 31]

Thanks Paul for taking the time to answer emails or posts on this forum! The things I've learned from this forum kept me in the field trying new things when elk were thin to find, versus calling it quits. It's also a helluva nice little community you put together.
82ndreddevil