Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Elk Quiz #2

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Elk Quiz #2

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 1]

Here's another action packed, fun filled elk quiz for your viewing enjoyment ;) Remember to scroll down the questions to see all possible answers before you make your final selection. Hope you like Quiz #2. RJ

http://www.quizrevolution.com/QR2/ch/a201995
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Elk Quiz #2

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Sorry folks.. Not sure why the quiz isn't up and running. Working on it. RJ
WapitiTalk1

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 3]

Rory, it's working great for me, thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 4]

It was my work filter causing me grief. Oops, I'm supposed to be working. I meant that "yes, it appears to be working now" :D Thanks for checking it Paul.

Come on folks, curious to see what you think of this second elk quiz.
WapitiTalk1

Postby CurlyTail » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 5]

That was fun! I missed a couple easy ones . Also wish it gave the correct answers - like the biggest migration question.
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby Fridaythe13th » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 6]

8 of 10 getting better.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 7]

CurlyTail wrote:That was fun! I missed a couple easy ones . Also wish it gave the correct answers - like the biggest migration question.

I just figured out how to do it Jim . I'll have the correct answer posted after each question on the next quiz ;)
WapitiTalk1

Postby chipick » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 8]

Some of the questions seamed more like personal preference than a true fact, but I'm still new to all this and learning more thanks to the fellas here.
chipick

Postby dreamhunter » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 9]

Well horses ---, I didn't do so well on this one. I had to guess on a few and got them and then some I thought I knew I didn't. then I didn't scroll all the way down on the last one, Grrrrr
dreamhunter

First Name: Holly
Last Name: Paugh

Postby Huntrgathr » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 10]

I know I missed a couple but it didn't tell me my score at the end...

That one was definitely tougher but I'd rather miss a few and learn something than feel like a champ because I got them all right. Thanks for everything that you contribute here RJ ! Look me up next time you're in Idaho.
Huntrgathr

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 30, 2014 •  [Post 11]

Huntrgathr wrote:I know I missed a couple but it didn't tell me my score at the end...

That one was definitely tougher but I'd rather miss a few and learn something than feel like a champ because I got them all right. Thanks for everything that you contribute here RJ ! Look me up next time you're in Idaho.

Thanks for the invite and I sure will but I'm normally up quite a bit north of you when my September visits to Idaho occcur ;) Thanks for the props on my meager forum contrubutions but it's not my doing.. It's that Elknut guy; periodically, he contacts me and sais, "what are you doing just sitting on your bum, get in the game and do something"! :D Just kidding of course, they don't make them any better than Paul. I'm just happy I can be part of this great forum, the best elk forum out there in my opinion. These quizzes are just something we came up with to keep the elk juices flowing in the long off season. I'm just glad a few folks are jumping in. Fun stuff.
WapitiTalk1

Postby under H2O hunter » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 12]

Batting a 1000 still. Except that the question about the migrating elk tells you that your INCORRECT even when you click on the right answer... You might want to fix that.
under H2O hunter

First Name: James

Postby twinkieman » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 13]

Yeah I want to see what the correct answer to the migration question is, also. Still great job RJ :D
twinkieman

First Name: marc
Last Name: anderson

Postby Huntrgathr » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 14]

[/quote]Thanks for the invite and I sure will but I'm normally up quite a bit north of you when my September visits to Idaho occcur ;) Thanks for the props on my meager forum contrubutions but it's not my doing.. It's that Elknut guy; periodically, he contacts me and sais, "what are you doing just sitting on your bum, get in the game and do something"! :D Just kidding of course, they don't make them any better than Paul. I'm just happy I can be part of this great forum, the best elk forum out there in my opinion. These quizzes are just something we came up with to keep the elk juices flowing in the long off season. I'm just glad a few folks are jumping in. Fun stuff.[/quote]

You should try hunting down here where you can actually see the elk before they step on you. But I guess you're probably used to that thick Northern country as it looks almost just like Washington up there...

And I think you're just being modest - you're one of the guys that keeps this forum interesting and really adds value. I've said this before, but Paul should give you a raise ! (Even though, I'm pretty sure none of you guys are getting paid ) ... :D Keep up the good work !
Huntrgathr

Postby zpd307 » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 15]

i cant get the quiz to work for me. the thinking circle just keeps going round and round....
zpd307

First Name: gary
Last Name: s

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 16]

zpd307 wrote:i cant get the quiz to work for me. the thinking circle just keeps going round and round....

Gary, probably something to do with work filters. I know I can't open them up on mine either. You can open it on your cell phone but some have trouble scrolling down to see all available answers on their phones.
WapitiTalk1

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 17]

under H2O hunter wrote:Batting a 1000 still. Except that the question about the migrating elk tells you that your INCORRECT even when you click on the right answer... You might want to fix that.

H2O, Twinkieman,

I'm researching that question a bit more. Some sources researched state the MT/WY Yellowstone migration is the largest migratory herd but I'm now seeing some info supporting a CO herd migration (White River NF) as possibly the largest. If any of you folks have numbers or a source that compares the two, please offer it up for discussion. Thanks! RJ
WapitiTalk1

Postby Elkduds » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 18]

I did much better, taking a gimme for migration since I picked MT/WY. If the question asked the biggest hunter migration, CO would win that, hands down. Thanks, Phantom.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Rangerz » 12 31, 2014 •  [Post 19]

Got the hunting ones but missed some of the biology ones.

I guessed MT/WY as well.

Neat quiz. Keeps things interesting.
Rangerz

First Name: Chris
Last Name: Poole

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 01, 2015 •  [Post 20]

Chris, I agree Rory does a bang up job here in coming up with interesting & clever topics to keep things fresh, he's a great guy & I know all appreciate him as I do! Thanks.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby TheBuzz » 01 04, 2015 •  [Post 21]

Not sure, and may have been asked before, but can the ADMIN. Sticky these Quizz's? so they don't get lost down the thread pile?
"...if Life's a race to the finish line, just soon be last..."
TheBuzz

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: Hovorka

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 04, 2015 •  [Post 22]

Bryan, not sure about making the quizzes stickies, but we can move them to the archived forum after they run a while. Thoughts? Thanks. RJ
WapitiTalk1

Postby bald9eagle » 01 05, 2015 •  [Post 23]

Took the quiz....got 3 right.....could you do one about turkeys...lol
bald9eagle