Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

First Hunt, First Kill

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

First Hunt, First Kill

Postby ixsolracxi » 10 04, 2012 •  [Post 1]

This is my daughters first hunt and first kill...she passed hunter safety earlier in the year so bought her a 7mm-08 and submitted apps for just about everything...drew antelope, deer, and cow elk...well, we hunted and hunted...she missed on a few nice bucks (a really nice one prior to her kill)...she never got discouraged and kept saying "daddy, i want you to be proud of me...i want to kill something, i don't care how big it is"...of course I replied that i am proud of her no matter what...after missing a nice wide buck we saw this one bedded...i asked her if she wanted to try and she said yes...she set up, the goat stood broadside, and she shot...i was watching through the binocs and told her she hit it and to cycle another round into the chamber because it was up and walking a little, she got back in her sights but it was going down...i told her it was down and she yelled "DADDY, I KILLED IT?" and was "grin"ing ear to ear and happy as can be...i was proud and excited for her and to expeience my daughters first kill was something that will never be forgotten...no matter the size of her first kill i know this is something she (and I) will both remember, our first hunt together!!!
ixsolracxi

Re: First Hunt, First Kill

Postby ixsolracxi » 10 04, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I am having trouble posting a pic, anyone have any ideas? I have been trying for the past hour and I get a message that the pixels are too wide and high...grrrr
ixsolracxi

Postby Bullnuts » 10 04, 2012 •  [Post 3]

First of all, congratulations to you and your daughter! Man, I can't wait until I can finally experience this same thing with my own kids!

Second, to post photos, if they are too large, first open the photo in Microsoft picture manager. In the top tool bar you'll see a button that says "edit pictures" Click that button and a new tool bar will open on the right side of the screen. Click the "resize" button. Directly below the the button that says "predefined width x height" you'll see a box. Click on the right arrow and open the box. Scroll down to the choice that says "web large 640 X 480" Click that button and then hit OK. The photo will be reduced in size. Save it under a different name to your desktop so you don't mess up the original.

Once that's done, come back to the site and directly below the text box you'll see the upload attachment button. Click that, open the browser to find your photo on the desktop, click the photo and upload it. Place it in line and you're done.

It's a bit of a process to get this done, but it saves a lot of space on the servers. Hope that helps, and once again, Congrats!
Bullnuts

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 05, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Carlos, great to see you & again congrats to your daughter! Too, the max your photos can be to post here is 800 pixels, use 750 pixels & they are still big & clear! Re-sizing photos is very easy to do & only takes 30 seconds or so!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ixsolracxi » 10 05, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Hopefully this works...
Attachments
Alexia 1B.jpg
Alexia 1B.jpg (90.81 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
ixsolracxi

Postby bnsafe » 10 06, 2012 •  [Post 6]

great job to her, and you. kids first are always the best
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby Swede » 10 06, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Congratulations to you and your daughter. Her first kill reminds me of mine. The little buck I shot wasn't much of a trophy as compared to the ones I saw in the magazines, but he still has a special place in my hunting memories. I am sure her first will maintain a special place in her memories also. Just keep taking her with you. I like the way you encouraged her.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Magic » 10 07, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Awesome to have guided your Daughter on her first hunt and that 7mm08 is a super caliber. My Wife and two Grandsons use it. ;)
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D