Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Reading a dirty text message

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Reading a dirty text message

Postby Lefty » 09 09, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I came across this car on a seldom used road, 30 minutes earlier I had seen the dust of a truck and horse trailer. The car hood was warm but not hot. So maybe the guy had walked the 4 plus miles to the other road and wasalready being helped,. Or maybe he was archery antelope hunting, noboy just come out here. The car was full of trash, all the windows down, no baby seat, but clean diapers, and wipes, real sign of baby soon to be rug-rat or two, and a with the Sentsy air freshener and other floor and seat trash indicated the car was shared with an adult female.
You just don’t leave a vehicle in such a deserted place. I called out a few times. I left a note that I would be back between 9-10 PM if they needed help and to stay with the car. I also left a bottle of ice water and a fruit drink

Tracks in the road dust also revealed the soles of the shoes were the same as mine,… hmm now a few things were beginning to make sense to me.

When I got to the box blind the strap webbing from my trail cam was blowing in the wind,.. not tied, The camera was centered facing right at the water tank I had it facing further to the right This guy had been checking my trail cam. He was also doing the same as I had been, brushing the dirt around the water tank with brush so animal tracks would be easy to read.

After my hunt on the water tank I checked where the car had been parked. My garden hose was in the middle of the raod along with my empty canteen
I could easily read
THANX for the water’
But couldn’t understand “SONI bot th pics”

The guy had taken my garden hose sometime between last Saturday night and Friday that I use to keep the watr tank filled and after looking at the SD he had messed up my date and deleted Saturdays pictures
“Sorry about the pics”
IMG_0689 (Small).JPG
IMG_0689 (Small).JPG (50.03 KiB) Viewed 4579 times
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Reading a dirty text message

Postby Magic » 09 09, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Now that is an interesting story for sure ?? I guess that it takes all kinds.
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby elkaholic » 09 11, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I'd invest in a lockable case for your camera. Then there is no worries about losing your camera of having it checked by others..
elkaholic

First Name: Leland
Last Name: Stanford

Postby easeup » 09 11, 2012 •  [Post 4]

we call 'em three toes down here....
easeup

Postby Lefty » 09 11, 2012 •  [Post 5]

elkaholic wrote:I'd invest in a lockable case for your camera. Then there is no worries about losing your camera of having it checked by others..

Im not sure what I would lock it too? The post it was on could be pulled out of the ground. Next year the camera will be in a bird house

Im surprised my camera survived, the cows were itching their butts on it the bull scrapping on it
Lefty

Postby bullrub » 09 11, 2012 •  [Post 6]

This guy sounds like a real dirt bag.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Postby Bullnuts » 09 11, 2012 •  [Post 7]

There can't be too many other guys hunting goats out of a white toyota sedan. He'd be easy to spot again if he takes anything else.
Bullnuts

Postby Lefty » 09 11, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Bullnuts wrote:There can't be too many other guys hunting goats out of a white toyota sedan. He'd be easy to spot again if he takes anything else.

Like I mentioned a few things made sence to me once I saw his boot prints basically hanging around my blind

From his message in the dirt I would guess he is aware of who I am In country like that most realize certian stuff just cant happen.
Lefty

Postby elkaholic » 09 12, 2012 •  [Post 9]

Lefty wrote:
elkaholic wrote:I'd invest in a lockable case for your camera. Then there is no worries about losing your camera of having it checked by others..

Im not sure what I would lock it too? The post it was on could be pulled out of the ground. Next year the camera will be in a bird house

Im surprised my camera survived, the cows were itching their butts on it the bull scrapping on it

Yeah I got to thinking about the t-post thing.. A locking case wouldn't do much good.
elkaholic

First Name: Leland
Last Name: Stanford

Postby Lefty » 09 12, 2012 •  [Post 10]

The elk sort of move my post around too , Im surprised I have a camera
I figure on bear baits the camer needs to be at least 8 feet high

PICT0406 (Small).JPG
PICT0406 (Small).JPG (28.15 KiB) Viewed 4470 times

PICT0359 (Small).JPG
PICT0359 (Small).JPG (32.86 KiB) Viewed 4470 times

PICT0397 (Small).JPG