Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

i need to get this thing goin

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

i need to get this thing goin

Postby bnsafe » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 1]

couldnt sleep again tonite so ive been surfin the net. cost me a backpacking stove and msr water filter. just looked up the 10 day forecast for the area we will be in and its suppose to be 71 and 39 the day we get there. (92 here today). if this doesnt hurry up im gonna be broke and and in the mental house. 9 more days, hurry up.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: i need to get this thing goin

Postby Freebird134 » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I know the feeling! I leave in 11 days! I've spent the last 2 days packing and arranging my gear in my pack. I can't wait!!!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Jahnke76 » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Im right with you. Friday cannot get here fast enough.
Jahnke76

Postby pointysticks » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 4]

funny!! (and awesome)

you are not alone..i now own a new tent!! superlight..my wife is tired of hearing about it.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby dreamhunter » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 5]

my wife keeps asking me if it's time for me to leave yet,she keeps talking about a vacation. I told her im hunting, not going on vacation. She said no silly man,it's our vacation as soon as you pull out of the driveway.I'm not sure if i will even be missed,they might not even know im gone. I know the feeling about spending the extra dough,it's costly to set here and wait on departure day.
dreamhunter

First Name: Holly
Last Name: Paugh

Postby bnsafe » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 6]

pointysticks, got my new tent last week, lol. wife is gonna kill me if she ever sits down and figures out what this really costs
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby Magic » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 7]

I am still six weeks away, but I have stopped shaving. ;)
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby hornart » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 8]

dreamhunter wrote:my wife keeps asking me if it's time for me to leave yet,she keeps talking about a vacation. I told her im hunting, not going on vacation. She said no silly man,it's our vacation as soon as you pull out of the driveway.I'm not sure if i will even be missed,they might not even know im gone. I know the feeling about spending the extra dough,it's costly to set here and wait on departure day.

I hear Ya,,its her vacation and your vacation,,and dont worry if your missed
hornart

First Name: steve
Last Name: smith

Postby Freebird134 » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 9]

hornart wrote:
dreamhunter wrote:my wife keeps asking me if it's time for me to leave yet,she keeps talking about a vacation. I told her im hunting, not going on vacation. She said no silly man,it's our vacation as soon as you pull out of the driveway.I'm not sure if i will even be missed,they might not even know im gone. I know the feeling about spending the extra dough,it's costly to set here and wait on departure day.

I hear Ya,,its her vacation and your vacation,,and dont worry if your missed

Hahaha. My wife is kinda the same way. She's ready for me to stop talking about my trip plans. And the spare bedroom is covered in camo and archery gear. My wife and her mom are driving me to the airport (I'm flying to Idaho for my trip) and then they are continuing on to visit her brother's family outside Toronto. I'm pretty sure she isn't going to miss me when they are chilling at the cottage in Algonquin Park.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon