Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

IDAHO lost our tags! or USPS did.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

IDAHO lost our tags! or USPS did.

Postby pointysticks » 08 16, 2012 •  [Post 1]

weird. all this prep, and it never dawned on me that our tags never got to us in the mail.

i called IDAHO, and they said they shipped weeks ago. man, getting duplicates is a big deal. i need forms signed by a notary! (+ a few fees) simply amazing..i hope this is the extent of all my crazy mojo, and some elk stumbles into camp while i am test shooting my bow..hahah.

my brother never got his tags either.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: IDAHO lost our tags! or USPS did.

Postby Harmy » 08 16, 2012 •  [Post 2]

About 4 years ago I got somebody else's tag in the same envelope as mine. Found him on the internet and mailed it to him. He was psyched.

I used to work for an organization that did DNA testing. Customers would send in samples via US mail. I would estimate that the error rate of USPS is somewhere near 1 in 5,000 or less. And that is with typed envelopes. I have seen numerous examples of the sorting machines crunching up envelopes and then the item being missplaced or miss handled. Of course, when you mention this to the Mortgage company they won't listen and still charge you a late fee...
Harmy

First Name: Chris

Postby Freebird134 » 08 16, 2012 •  [Post 3]

IDFG sent my stuff to someone else once. They were kind enough to send it to me, and I didn't even know there was a problem until I read their note.

This thread is making me second guess ordering my mule deer tag through the mail!!!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Lefty » 08 18, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I use to purchase items that were mailed to me from a frielnd. A number of items kept disapearing during shipment. I mentioned to out local postmaster when I paced a claim. A short investigation , a mail handler was opening packages from my friends hometown to see what was in them , then placing certian items on EBay... What got him busted was numbered and serial numbers.
But back to Idaho, my daughters first licence given to students after completing hunter safey took a bunch of phone calls and 10 weeks from the IF&G :cry:
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H