Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Thanks Portland....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Thanks Portland....

Postby Freebird134 » 08 12, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I *had* to go to a conference in Portland, OR for 6 days last week. And, once there I *had* to enjoy the many breweries and beer options. And *had* to eat a good number of Voodoo Doughnuts (good things come in pink boxes, as they say). I got back Friday night, and my wife and friends had tickets for us to go to the Great Taste of the Midwest, a huge beer festival that I *had* to go to. Now I *have* to go to the gym in the morning, because I put on like 5 pounds last week.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Re: Thanks Portland....

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 13, 2012 •  [Post 2]

5lbs, wow that's a lot of beer dude!!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby pointysticks » 08 13, 2012 •  [Post 3]

i didnt like VooDoo.

great to try tho..i love portland. next time i'm there, i plan to buy a new bow taxfree.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby elkchaser503 » 08 16, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Glad you enjoyed our wacky City... I live in one of the Burbs just outside of Portland but you won't catch me dead in the liberal city but i do agree we have some great breweries here.
elkchaser503

Postby Freebird134 » 08 16, 2012 •  [Post 5]

It was a fun time elkchaser, but downtown Portland is kinda a pit. Too many bums, hippies, and troublemakers for my taste!!! Though, I was tempted to give a couple bucks to the hippy kid with a sign that said "Too dumb to steal, too ugly to prostitute." At least he was being honest.

Pointysticks: Voodoo aren't the best donuts I've had, but at 3am after a night of drinking they were pretty dang fantastic!!!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby pointysticks » 08 16, 2012 •  [Post 6]

yea, i was sober.

had a cup of some fancy coffee..stumptown or something.
the guy at Voodoo looked at me weird when i ordered a glazed donut..i told him, it would be the best way to determine if his donuts were any good..stick to basics..
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l