Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Hate this economy!!!! :(

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Hate this economy!!!! :(

Postby Broken arrow » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Well I won't be chasing elk this year :cry: work has gotten slow they cut us to 32 hours! Gotta take care of the home front. Oh well just gives me more time to train and work on my elk calls:) 2013 the elk better watch out!
Broken arrow

Re: Hate this economy!!!! :(

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Sorry to hear that Broken arrow. You're a good man for having your priorities straight. Luck to you!

jf
JohnFitzgerald

Postby bullrub » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Sorry Broken arrow, I have been there. Always another bow season, only one family. Good Luck too you.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Postby dotman » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Sorry to hear but there are many more seasons ahead. Just start putting $20 bucks to the side here and there and you will be golden for next year :)
dotman

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Broken arrow wrote:Well I won't be chasing elk this year :cry: work has gotten slow they cut us to 32 hours! Gotta take care of the home front. Oh well just gives me more time to train and work on my elk calls:) 2013 the elk better watch out!

It's nice to see the right attitude and knowing your priorities friend. Hunting is great but family has got to come first or nothing works. More time to hunt them big MO whitetails this year :) You'll be all the more dialed in next year for Wapiti! RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Broken arrow » 08 10, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Thanks guys! Yep decided this year no tree stand or ground blinds strictly still hunting spot n stalk should be good practice for next year :D
Broken arrow

Postby pointysticks » 08 10, 2012 •  [Post 7]

sucks!!

hope you get some hunting in..
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Lefty » 08 10, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Our family budget went down the tubes also. My wifes job basically ended , I had to take a $15,000 paycut plus my insurance another $5900
Makes a person rethink what you can do,..We helped put my oldest thru college, the other two, it wont happen unless there is a big change
Even purchasing a candy bar impacts the budget.

I dont do any single evening hunts anymore.
Im an avid waterfowler, I use to spend a bit on gas scouting, finding fields, going where the birds were etc. Now most of my hunt have been on my neighboring fields,.. fewer birds but I still get t hunt and do it very cheap
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 11, 2012 •  [Post 9]

Heh, keep your head up!!! You can live the Elk Season through all here!!! I'm sure there will be some great stories & photos to help cheer you up! I agree, family comes 1st, but we're here for ya!!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Magic » 08 12, 2012 •  [Post 10]

Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Priorities come first, and it sounds like your priorities are in order. ;)
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby easeup » 08 12, 2012 •  [Post 11]

best wishes for you mr. brokenarrow,
you are a good man, for sure.
easeup

Postby Freebird134 » 08 12, 2012 •  [Post 12]

Sorry man, but I hope you have a good fall nonetheless. I can only afford to get out every couple of years myself! Our brilliant Gov Walker wasn't to kind to my wife and my salaries either, and things are definitely tighter!!! But hey--why not cut hard working local biologists salaries and pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a dude from Texas to come look at our deer herd? Brilliant....
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Goneelkn » 08 13, 2012 •  [Post 13]

Because biologists screwed up so many species in this state. Maybe if the bear guys counted deer, and the deer guys counted bear. No i don't agree with hiring someone else, but the WDNR obviously has no clue. And god forbid some goverment workers might have to pay part of their health insurance, or take a pay cut like so much of the private sector. But hey, a government worker, not much work, a lot of pay, and a lot of benefits. Would you have preferred layoffs?? You took it political.
Goneelkn

Postby foxvalley » 08 14, 2012 •  [Post 14]

Sorry broken arrow,
Taking care of home is #1,and don't feel bad, it's going to be that much sweeter when you can go.
foxvalley

First Name: doug
Last Name: houghton

Postby hornart » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 15]

I am upset with the economy also,,lets hope we can do our part to fix it in November
hornart

First Name: steve
Last Name: smith

Postby bullrub » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 16]

hornart wrote:I am upset with the economy also,,lets hope we can do our part to fix it in November

You got that right Steve, We can make the change in Nov. So everyone needs to vote.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters