Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Congrats To My Hunting Buddy

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Congrats To My Hunting Buddy

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 08 02, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Congratulations to my hunting buddy Mike Coleman. After our archery hunt, he will be leaving for an all expense paid trophy blacktail hunt provided by the Wounded Warrior program. Mike served 2 tours in Iraq and 1/2 tour in Afghanistan. Thanks to all our past and present soldiers!
JohnFitzgerald

Re: Congrats To My Hunting Buddy

Postby bullrub » 08 02, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Thanks you Mike for your service to our country and to all the other servicemen and women. Your the one's that keep our freedom's to enjoying are rights to hunt. Congrats Mike and good hunting.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Postby Goneelkn » 08 03, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Tell him THANKS, and wish him lot's of luck.
Goneelkn

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 03, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Wow!!! That is cool & I'm sure well deserved. I hope he can share a few photos of his hunt! Thanks Mike!!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Swede » 08 03, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Congrats Mike on the Blacktail hunt, and best wishes. Thanks too for your service in the military.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby pointysticks » 08 03, 2012 •  [Post 6]

here's to wishing your buddy some LUCK!!

thanks to him and the many like him.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Oregoncombatvet » 08 08, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Thank you everyone for the Support. I am very excited to be going on this Black tail hunt. I will be hunting till the 22nd of Sept then driving to Northern Cali to hunt black tails for 5 days. So hopefully I can tag my Bull and Buck with in the two weeks I am going to be gone hunting. So I am counting on John to get a bull, nice and close for me this year. :D Thanks John for all the support and the knowleadge that you have when it comes to elk hunting.
Oregoncombatvet

First Name: Mike
Last Name: Coleman

Postby bullrub » 08 08, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Oregoncombatvet wrote:Thank you everyone for the Support. I am very excited to be going on this Black tail hunt. I will be hunting till the 22nd of Sept then driving to Northern Cali to hunt black tails for 5 days. So hopefully I can tag my Bull and Buck with in the two weeks I am going to be gone hunting. So I am counting on John to get a bull, nice and close for me this year. :D Thanks John for all the support and the knowleadge that you have when it comes to elk hunting.

The best of luck to you Mike
bullrub

Postby Goneelkn » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 9]

Oregoncombatvet wrote:Thank you everyone for the Support. I am very excited to be going on this Black tail hunt. I will be hunting till the 22nd of Sept then driving to Northern Cali to hunt black tails for 5 days. So hopefully I can tag my Bull and Buck with in the two weeks I am going to be gone hunting. So I am counting on John to get a bull, nice and close for me this year. :D Thanks John for all the support and the knowleadge that you have when it comes to elk hunting.

Good luck to you, and thanks for your service. And remember we like seeing pic's :D
Goneelkn

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 10]

Ha, I'm counting on you to bring one in for me as well. I'd like one at 10 yards, broad side, please ! :-)
JohnFitzgerald

Postby elkmtngear » 08 12, 2012 •  [Post 11]

Best of Luck, Mike....and thank You for your Service to our Country!
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby one_elk » 08 14, 2012 •  [Post 12]

Thanks for your service and have a great trip
one_elk

Postby Oregoncombatvet » 08 15, 2012 •  [Post 13]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:

Ha, I'm counting on you to bring one in for me as well. I'd like one at 10 yards, broad side, please ! :-)

That I dont think will be the issue, the issue is every time I have called in a bull for someone minus you they stall and miss the shot.
Oregoncombatvet

Postby Oregoncombatvet » 08 15, 2012 •  [Post 14]

And there should be pictures atleast of the country I will be hunting no later then 1 Oct. But hopefully of John and I bull and my blacktail if all goes like it should with a little luck and skill together.
Oregoncombatvet

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 09 28, 2012 •  [Post 15]

Mike closed the deal on a nice Cali blacktail! He'll be on here soon to post the pictures. Congrats Mike, you deserved that great hunt my freind!
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Oregoncombatvet » 10 04, 2012 •  [Post 16]

I promised I would close the deal on one of my hunts this year and I was lucky enough to give this fine Blacktail 3X4 19inch spread a dirt nap the secound evening of the hunt. I shot him at 385 yards with a 300win mag. This was truely a hunt of a life time and a hunt that I will never forget. The Fergoso Foundation is who made it all possible. Thank you Max Fergoso and David King my guide ( even though I spot my buck, the only deer I saw first.lol). All theses guys did this hunt for me and some other soldiers with there own money and are not paid guide. Thank you again.
Attachments
561662_4254936726217_2112999481_n.jpg
561662_4254936726217_2112999481_n.jpg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 8310 times
Oregoncombatvet

Postby ElkNut1 » 10 05, 2012 •  [Post 17]

Nice, very good looking Blacktail!!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bullrub » 10 05, 2012 •  [Post 18]

Congrats Mike very nice blacktail.
bullrub

Postby ixsolracxi » 10 05, 2012 •  [Post 19]

congrats on a fine buck!!! thank you for your service to our Great Country!!!
ixsolracxi

Postby Wapiti » 11 10, 2012 •  [Post 20]

Thank you Mike for your service !! If it wasn't for BRAVE people like you we would not be doing all the things we love and meeting new friends to enjoy life with !! Great deer and thanks again !! Travis O'Shea
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 12, 2012 •  [Post 21]

Congrats on your fine buck Mike.. and thank you John for posting up the story.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ