Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Trouble with our site!??

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Trouble with our site!??

Postby foxvalley » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Saw some really weird posts on here latley, right now on gear and equipment someone is trying to get what sounds like a presciption drug!?? Is there any way we can "red flag" this stuff, or let an administrator know asap, this junk does't belong here.
foxvalley

First Name: doug
Last Name: houghton

Re: Trouble with our site!??

Postby Freebird134 » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I just flagged it. If you look along the top of every post, on the right side is a triangle with an "!" in it. Click that and you can flag it with a note saying it's spam.

You can also do this to anyone that writes something you disagree with :) hahaha
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby foxvalley » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 3]

foxvalley wrote:Saw some really weird posts on here latley, right now on gear and equipment someone is trying to get what sounds like a presciption drug!?? Is there any way we can "red flag" this stuff, or let an administrator know asap, this junk does't belong here.

Hey freebird! I was just going to ask you whats going on, and I see you just replied to that one,"SPAM"...... DUDE!! Are we going to have to deal with that now. Your a smart guy,can someone block this stuff???
foxvalley

Postby foxvalley » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Freebird134 wrote:I just flagged it. If you look along the top of every post, on the right side is a triangle with an "!" in it. Click that and you can flag it with a note saying it's spam.

You can also do this to anyone that writes something you disagree with :) hahaha

NEVER MIND! Freebird, you are fast!! Your on this site more times a day than I am! I hope everybody does'nt know that, I"ll never be able to keep a post on here again! Thanks, Doug
foxvalley

Postby Freebird134 » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Haha. I am on a lot Doug. It's like i'm OCD. I compulsively check a couple forums throughout the day. I'm usually at my computer anyway, so it's a quick scan through elknut--->archerytalk---->camofire----->steep&cheap----->back to work!
Freebird134

Postby foxvalley » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Freebird134 wrote:Haha. I am on a lot Doug. It's like i'm OCD. I compulsively check a couple forums throughout the day. I'm usually at my computer anyway, so it's a quick scan through elknut--->archerytalk---->camofire----->steep&cheap----->back to work!

I"m 10 feet from my pc all day too, and nobody to tell me to "GET BACK TO WORK!!!!" Nuts! It's going to be faster than I thought for you to get back at me on that "16 year old punk kid thing" now isn't it? lol
foxvalley

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Guys, I hate hose idiots as well, we have tried to block them, but these guys have some type of system that over rides the blocking enforced! We will delete them as fast as we see them or are notified about them. Send me a PM if I miss one or two & I'll delete them pronto!!!

On another note, freebird & foxvalley, if someone clicks on the triangle does it delete that post? Or does it do something else?

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Freebird134 » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 8]

ElkNut1 wrote:Guys, I hate hose idiots as well, we have tried to block them, but these guys have some type of system that over rides the blocking enforced! We will delete them as fast as we see them or are notified about them. Send me a PM if I miss one or two & I'll delete them pronto!!!

On another note, freebird & foxvalley, if someone clicks on the triangle does it delete that post? Or does it do something else?

ElkNut/Paul

When I clicked the triangle, it did not delete the post. It brought me to a screen with 1) a drop down menu and 2) a text box. It asked me to pick from the list why I was reporting the post (the second or 3rd option was about selling an item) and then in the text box I wrote "SPAM." I don't know who gets that message? The site admin?
Freebird134

Postby foxvalley » 07 09, 2012 •  [Post 9]

Paul, I"ll click on the "!" next time it happens and let you know. Maybe we should do some "hacker" hunting along with the elk.
foxvalley

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 10, 2012 •  [Post 10]

Hi All, I'll clarify the "!" option.

Once a user clicks on it, the system flags the post or topic as a report for forum moderators or administrators to look at. It will show up as a different color until cleaned, ignored, or deleted. Posts and topics can be reported for any reason but can only be deleted by the creator, moderators, or administrators.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 10, 2012 •  [Post 11]

P.S. When a spammer posts something, I not only block their screen name but I also block their IP address(aka computer). We have strong antispam measures in place, but since this a startup forum, a few really talented spammers have got by. But they will only do it once! :-)
JohnFitzgerald

Postby foxvalley » 07 10, 2012 •  [Post 12]

Thanks John!
foxvalley