Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

my new girl

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

my new girl

Postby bnsafe » 10 30, 2013 •  [Post 1]

my wife got a german shorthair about 4 weeks ago, I like her but shes driving me nuts. wants to sit on my lap while im typing.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: my new girl

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 30, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Too funny. How old is she? Post some pics up when you get a chance.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 10 30, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Maybe she wants someone to take her out for some hunting experience. Of coarse if it is night maybe she just wants a nice comfortable, warm place to rest with good company. Enjoy
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby bnsafe » 10 30, 2013 •  [Post 4]

shes a cool dog, lots of personality an I actually like her, which I normally don't like animals. but man if you turn your back on her for a second somethings getting tore up, ate up, scratched up, or pooped on. she got mad at me yesterday cause I put her in her kennel. when I went to let her out she wouldn't come, just laid there an glared at me.
I will try to post some pics, I cant do it cause I don't have photo bucket or whatever it takes but will try to figure it out.
bnsafe

Postby elkmtngear » 11 01, 2013 •  [Post 5]

They are great dogs, I've raised several of them, mostly for hunting. I had a female years ago that won a puppy trial at 9 months of age, I trained her myself. She was very intelligent, and I never had to restrain her, even in the field. She would look directly at me when I would speak to her, and if I told her to stay in the bed of the truck, she would be there an hour later.

The female I have now is a mental midget compared to her, but she's amazing on birds. It's funny how they all have unique temperaments and personalities. Sounds like your pup has some smarts!
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby bnsafe » 11 01, 2013 •  [Post 6]

shes smart, but if you turn your back on her for a second somethings getting chewed up. don't go to the bathroom without putting her in her crate. literally.
yes im gonna train her for birds, if I don't kill her first. :roll:
bnsafe