Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Yard sales

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Yard sales

Postby >>>---WW----> » 08 04, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I was looking at Elknuts request for some good gaiters over on the equipment forum. And I got to thinking about the ones I bought at a yard sale for $2 bucks. They were brand spank'n new. You just never know what you might find. Other treasures this summer have been a Herters recurve for $25. and a Martin longbow for $10. Both bows are easily worth over $100 if I put them on Ebay. My son in law got a Bitzenberger fletcher for $15.

Anyone else found some good deals this year?
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Yard sales

Postby pointysticks » 08 04, 2013 •  [Post 2]

sad, but not in my neighborhood.

i dont live in the most hunting friendly climate. i dont even stop at yard sales anymore.

i used to looking for vintage cast iron skillets..and old high carbon steel knives.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: Yard sales

Postby Bullnuts » 08 06, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Bill, you live in yard sale paradise. Here in the city, we might find a baby stroller with a missing wheel - $.25, bag of old clothes - $1.00 but they'll take a dime, miscellaneous pots and pans, all with burnt bottoms and something stuck to the side - $.30, and if we're really luck, a used blue recliner that smells like, well, Lucky - $10. No bows, arrows, jigs, sights, rests, boots, or camo down here.
Bullnuts