Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Customer Service Shout out!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Postby POk3s » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 1]

1) Was having problems with my bowtech shooting low. I would get everything dialed in, head back to 20 yards and I'm shooting 4" low again. I would get everything dialed in back out to 80 yards, go back to 40 and I'm shooting a foot low. I did this twice before I went, something is definitely wrong. Heck from where I started to where I ended it was 2 foot difference at 60 yards. I started thinking it was my limbs and some other guys at the range agreed with me. I couldn't see anything different. Nothing was loose, nothing had moved. Everything seemed fine.

Well I called my bowtech dealer who lives an hour away and told him to see if he could get me some new limbs and I was on my way up. When I walked in he told me bowtech no longer carries the 60# limbs for the 82nd airborne so I could order 60# limbs or they would upgrade me to a brand new bow of similar price. I really thought was pretty cool. Especially after some of the horror stories I've heard about bowtech customer service and the fact that you can't find a number to call them up directly. After all of that it turns out the serving underneath my d-loop was slowly slipping up causing me to shoot low.

2) I ordered a rinehart 18-1 target from bass pro shops. Just so anyone knows, don't buy a "Block Black. They are junk. Mine lasted me one season and after getting my bow all sorted out I went and started shooting broadheads. Well after ruining two arrows because they shot through the block I threw it away and ordered a rinehart.

Well that was on the 9th of this month and I still haven't seen it. I either never got an email confirmation or I accidentally deleted it. Either one is known to happen ;) I got ahold of Basspro customer service and after a short talk the lady told me my package had been delivered on the 12th. I immediately just went, well I guess I'm out $110 because like I said, I haven't seen it. Right then she asked me if I wanted a refund or a replacement. I said, "well if you sent it fedex wouldn't it be their fault?" She said, "we will send a replacement out and will follow up with Fedex ourselves. You don't have to get ahold of them". So, I have another rinehart 18-1 on the way....but this time using USPS.

I just figured I would give a shootout to these companies taking care of their customers! Feel free to add your experiences with any other companies doing it right!!!! OR DOING IT WRONG FOR THAT MATTER!
POk3s

Re: Customer Service Shout out!

Postby Freebird134 » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Great thread idea and glad everything worked out for you. For me, customer service is everything. In the era of internet shopping, you have to bring something to the table besides a great price. I have a friend that says "i'm too poor to buy cheap gear." Similarly, I'm too poor to buy from a place with bad customer service. When I drop big $ on an item, I don't want a generic warranty--I want a no questions asked, we'll take care of you promise. It's one reason I really like REI and LL Bean, and a reason I stopped shopping at Cabelas.

My most recent good experience was with Celestron optics. I picked up a clearance priced, last year model Regal 80mm scope a few months ago from Eagle Optics. It was their last one, so when I noticed some particles (dust?) I had 2 choices: return it with no replacement (since they didn't have any more last year model), or ship it to Celestron. I shipped it off to Celestron, they paid postage both ways, and sent me a brand new Regal M2 80mm within 2 weeks. It's lighter than the old model, and I got it half priced!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby POk3s » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 3]

That's great! I haven't had a problem with Cabelas yet and was worried about this Bass Pro Shops order. It seems the bigger the company the more they start skimping on customer service. My heart dropped when she said it had been delivered on the 12th.

On another note my badlands pack is currently in South Jordan, Utah getting worked on with their great warranty. I did wash it like they requested but it didn't take care of all of the "funk" I had built up in that puppy. I hope they don't mind it too much. i will be buying another pack because I'm sick of their zippers....but I do enjoy their customer service.
POk3s

Postby pointysticks » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 4]

hahahha.

i was "desperate" to particate in Cnelk's cold shot program and got the block target. hahah..

whatever, i just need it to last till january 2014. i put it in a dumpster in Tuscon then.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby POk3s » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 5]

you'll learn soon enough pointy sticks!

It did get me through a year and honestly if you just have "the block" it might not be too bad. It's the "Block Black" that's the piece of trash. I had a Mckenzie Shot Blocker last me 3 seasons of hard broadhead shooting. I actually shot the mckenzie in half. The block black literally feels like a target made of that cheap "spray foam" stuff.
POk3s

Postby bnsafe » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 6]

phew, thought you were gonna say something about garmin, not a good subject right now
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby pointysticks » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 7]

POk3s wrote:you'll learn soon enough pointy sticks!

It did get me through a year and honestly if you just have "the block" it might not be too bad. It's the "Block Black" that's the piece of trash. I had a Mckenzie Shot Blocker last me 3 seasons of hard broadhead shooting. I actually shot the mckenzie in half. The block black literally feels like a target made of that cheap "spray foam" stuff.

Doomed. I don't have high expectations. Mine is that one in the commercials with jets and helicopters shooting missiles. at it. It feels heavy.
pointysticks

Postby pointysticks » 07 23, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Haha. Just looked. I am the proud owner of a block black. Yeehaw.
pointysticks

Postby POk3s » 07 24, 2013 •  [Post 9]

It'll get you through a couple "Cold Shot" sessions :)
POk3s

Postby pointysticks » 07 24, 2013 •  [Post 10]

POk3s wrote:It'll get you through a couple "Cold Shot" sessions :)

one can only hope and pray..hahah.

i dont really care. i want to try that american whitetail target next.
pointysticks