Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Old Time (old timer :)...) Elknut Photos

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Old Time (old timer :)...) Elknut Photos

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 07, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I've seen a few of them floating around from time to time, but let's see some old time Elknut photos. Here's one of me in the early 80s with a couple of mule deer rifle bucks. Gary and I had a nice double that day. My little guy on the left stood up in a clear cut 80 yards below the walk in road we were on and the dirty thirty barked :)... Seconds later, Gary's larger buck stood up and his old .308 took care of business. Yep, I'm the motley crue looking character on the left.. Hey, it was the 80s after all :).. RJ

WW and Swede, it's OK if your photos are black and white ;) (that's gonna cost me for sure).

MT Double Muleys.jpg
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Old Time (old timer :)...) Elknut Photos

Postby bnsafe » 07 07, 2013 •  [Post 2]

love it, time sure flies
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 07, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Can you believe it? I found an old picture of Swede! (this is gonna bite me in the backside for sure).....

untitled.png
untitled.png (96.2 KiB) Viewed 3029 times
WapitiTalk1

Postby bnsafe » 07 08, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I didn't see a treestand on that horse, swede musta already hung it and just runnin late
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 08, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Gee RJ! You sure was a little cuttie pie back in those days. What the heck happened?????

As a matter of fact, I do have some black & white photos. But I have no idea how to transfer hard photos to the computer. You have to remember back in the day of the GOOD hunters, there weren't any computer devices.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 08, 2013 •  [Post 6]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Gee RJ! You sure was a little cuttie pie back in those days. What the heck happened?????

As a matter of fact, I do have some black & white photos. But I have no idea how to transfer hard photos to the computer. You have to remember back in the day of the GOOD hunters, there weren't any computer devices.

Yep, I knew that was coming... :) Swede's probably really gonna get after me.

WW, if you have a scanner, you can actually scan your photos and create computer files/pictures. That's what I did with the picture above. The quality may not be the best but it works. I never had a camera with me in the sticks back in the day.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Freebird134 » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 7]

This is as old timey as I got...mid-90s. Still before digital cameras at least. This was in southern Idaho near the nevada border. My dad spotted him from a pretty good distance. Dad stayed put and gave me and his friend hand signals as we snuck down on him. We couldn't see him in the tall sage, and at about 15 yards he jumped up and started stotting off. I dropped him at about 25 yards with a single shot from the ol' 8mm-06. I discovered archery the next year and haven't killed a mule deer with a rifle since!
Attachments
First Deer.jpg
First Deer.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby eltaco » 07 09, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I believe this is Paul's father... he comes from a long line of elk whisperers.
Attachments
Elk.jpg
Elk.jpg (115.73 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
eltaco