Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

i just quit my bowrange.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

i just quit my bowrange.

Postby pointysticks » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 1]

we have to work 20 hours a year. no biggie. i like running a weed wacker or chainsaw as much as the next guy.

i got did alot of cutting and stacking of firewood. my club has a lot of older members. on a work day, the older guys get all the light duty, and they see me..and will hand me the heavy lifting. i dug a french drain around the club house this time. one old guy had the other shovel and was working towards me. i dug to where he started! i cant stand pretending to work. it is always one of those, "too many chiefs, no indians" situations...i am always dumb labor. i am a civil engineer and i have to bite my tongue when some guy wants to step all over building codes.. i just dig trenches. hahhah

i quit!! the lady called me a few weeks ago and said i had ZERO work hours on the books! wuut? i clearly signed the log book, i know i did.

man, that is flat out annoying. i have two other bow ranges that are slightly further, but they are open to the public FREE. the lady just called asking me to work 8 hours for the open house..she said she never did find the other log book.

free club for me!! i dont participate in any of the shoots anyways. i only do the distant ranges..no trail shoots. i dont use the club to the full potential anyways.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: i just quit my bowrange.

Postby Freebird134 » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I've always been skeptical of clubs you have to do work hours for. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but you just confirmed my suspicions! I'm a member of 2 sportsmen clubs, neither require work. But people do work. And they show up to work, not to log hours. Sorry to hear about your bad experience--hopefully the new range works out!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Re: i just quit my bowrange.

Postby easeup » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 3]

what?
just politely suggest she talk with Joe Jim Bob and Mike. and they will validate how many days you were there.

then it will pass..........................................unless you are looking for a reason to move.
easeup