Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Worst musician ever....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Worst musician ever....

Postby Freebird134 » 06 16, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Ok. My wife is sick of hearing me be "debbie downer." Our possibly just saying "I hate that..." <insert cruddy band>

So I'm sharing my negativeness with ya'll.

Worst country musician ever: Luke Bryan. He get's my vote. He narrowly beats out Jason Aldean as most pop-driven, sellout musician of our modern radio history. My wife has had Pandora on in the house all day, and I can't take any more pop-country BS. Country Girl Shake It for Me???? Every time I hear it I want to take a Montec to the temple.

-----------
Ok. Jake Owen's "Apple Pie Moonshine" just came on. Apparently I'm no poker player, because my wife just asked "how do you feel about this one?" I guess I was visibly in distress. What happened to music???? I hate to be an ol' curmudgeon (I'm only 31) but what happened to music?!?!?!?!?

------

Oh god. Jason Aldean just came on...... Why is Ludacris on a country song? Where is my Waylon and Hank Jr. playlist.......
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Re: Worst musician ever....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 16, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Brandon, you know my take on this. Although you've tried to enlighten me, I can't get much out of much of the modern stuff. Waylon, George J. , Merle, Willie, Conway, George S., Patsy, Tammy, and Ray P. I do however, think the country rock genre is alive and well after some of the stuff you've sent me. Modern country? No interest really although I like this one. Why? Because she has the old school twang :D

WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Worst musician ever....

Postby Freebird134 » 06 16, 2013 •  [Post 3]

i love that you just posted some Miranda, who I do respect. My fav part of that video: the preacher is Jamie Johnson, whom I believe to be the best country musician and songwriter around nowadays.

Don't give up in Drive By Truckers! Those boys (and gal bass player) rock!
Freebird134

Postby Freebird134 » 06 16, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Freebird134

Postby dotman » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 5]

See I lack music appreciation, to me it is just white noise while I think. Half the time I don't even have music on till this little squeak in the back seat says "song daddy". Now put in elknuts calling CD and you have my and the little squeakers attention.
dotman

Postby Swede » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 6]

I too hate the modern country music. The difference between us is, that I don't & won't listen to it. There are probably a few exceptions, but for me "modern garbage" is the stuff that has been put out for the last 20 years. UCK! :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby easeup » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 7]

worst musician ever?
country, pseudo country, nor bad country wont make that list.

that would be any of the characters out there that have one hand on their crotch with their pants around their knees.
easeup

Postby Indian Summer » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I have a really wide range of tastes in music. Other than rap or somphony and opera I can handle alot. So... if I say they suck they suck. I'd like to see Miranda or Jennifer Nettles woop the crap out of Taylor Swift. That chic sux! Worse than Luke even. When I saw Taylor beat out Alan Jackson for some award awhile back I said yep it's official, the world is going down the crapper.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 9]

How's this one :). Please don't have any food or liquid in your mouth when watching this :) ....
WapitiTalk1

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 10]

This what I was raised on, right or wrong.. I miss the old country singers.

WapitiTalk1

Postby Freebird134 » 06 17, 2013 •  [Post 11]

I was raised on the same stuff Phantom, just redigitized for CDs and played on the "classic" station :) My parents are from California not too far from where Haggard is from, and they were always big fans. I love that he can actually play some serious lead guitar. My wife and I have always considered "I think I'll Just Sit Here and Drink" to be our (unofficial) song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w_8j4ie73g
Freebird134

Worst musician ever....

Postby RockChucker30 » 06 18, 2013 •  [Post 12]

I live in middle TN and my grandmother lives in Nasvhille. The older country singers are definitely my favorites.

My Mom left us in Kroger once to chase Conway Twitty down in the parking lot for an autograph. And my aunt and uncle used to see a famous old country star driving his John Deere lawn mower to the corner gas station to buy beer when his license was revoked. Different times.
Paradox Packs
Performance Driven Backpacks
RockChucker30
Site Sponsor

First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Coleman

Postby >>>---WW----> » 06 18, 2013 •  [Post 13]

For me, the worse has to be Lyle Lovit. And the very best because of the range he had in his voice would have to be Roy Orbison.

And Rap just plain sucks!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 06 18, 2013 •  [Post 14]

Im not big into music, but for some reason I cant stand Willies Nelsons voice :?
But I listen to Bob Dylan and John Prine, my wife claims neither can sing :shock:
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Worst musician ever....

Postby Freebird134 » 06 19, 2013 •  [Post 15]

Lefty wrote:Im not big into music, but for some reason I cant stand Willies Nelsons voice :?
But I listen to Bob Dylan and John Prine, my wife claims neither can sing :shock:

You are crazy!!! :) Dylan can't sing! I always say the best thing he ever did was write "Knockin On Heavens Door" so Guns N Roses could rock it ;)
Freebird134

Worst musician ever....

Postby BarW » 06 19, 2013 •  [Post 16]

easeup wrote:worst musician ever?
country, pseudo country, nor bad country wont make that list.

that would be any of the characters out there that have one hand on their crotch with their pants around their knees.

I don't count that as music or musicians
BarW

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Wiggins

Postby JJ Overkill » 06 19, 2013 •  [Post 17]

Taylor swift could be possible the top of my list. personally I kinda like the pop country type music. I do listen to mearl, willie, johny c, don willams, and many more. but more often then not I listen to slipknot, mudvayne, stone sour,5 finger death punch and a lot more stuff you guys probably wouldn't like.
JJ Overkill

First Name: jeremy

Postby elkmtngear » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 18]

>>>---WW----> wrote:For me, the worse has to be Lyle Lovit. And the very best because of the range he had in his voice would have to be Roy Orbison.

And Rap just plain sucks!

Love me some Roy Orbison! Sang like an angel.

I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, Rap, or "Dub Step"
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby Freebird134 » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 19]

elkmtngear wrote:I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, Rap, or "Dub Step"

I'm not into Lady Gaga either, but she impressed me on SNL a while back. She's actually pretty talented. She did this medley live--just her and a piano (and some crazy outfit)--and she won me over as at least being a talented musician (even though I'm not a fan or listen to her stuff at all).

Being a musician like you Jeff, I find myself in that situation a lot, where I'd never chose to listen to an artist but can still appreciate their talent. That is how I felt about Taylor Swift when she first came out. She was a 16 year old girl writing her own songs. I'm a sucker for anyone that is actually writing and preforming their own stuff. Even our heros we all keep listing didn't write half the stuff the made famous. Heck, did George Strait ever write anything? So I gave Taylor Swift credit....at first. But she got sucked in to the pop-commercial BS genre and now I too wish Miranda Lambert would get in a fist fight with her ;)

Jerinmn, the same goes for some of the guys you listed. There's no doubt the guys in Slipknot can play the guitar, it's just not my thing.
Freebird134

Postby wawhitey » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 20]

did somebody say worst musician ever?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFjuPbCShBw
wawhitey

Postby elkmtngear » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 21]

Freebird134 wrote:
elkmtngear wrote:I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, Rap, or "Dub Step"

I'm not into Lady Gaga either, but she impressed me on SNL a while back. She's actually pretty talented. She did this medley live--just her and a piano (and some crazy outfit)--and she won me over as at least being a talented musician (even though I'm not a fan or listen to her stuff at all).

I can appreciate that...good to know that when you get rid of all the B.S. she has some actual talent (well, of course you'll never get rid of the crazy outfit).

I felt the same way about Taylor Swift, it's unfortunate what happens to young talent in this day and age. :(

I realize that freestyle rap actually takes a good measure of talent... I just can't seem to find an appreciation for it.

If I were to see a band of "Musicians"...it would be Eagles, Rush, Steely Dan, Dave Mathews...etc. 8-)
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby MontBison » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 22]

You can hate on me all you want but kid rock is the best musician I have ever seen. If you have ever seen him live in concert you know exactly what I'm taking about. The guy has talent.
MontBison

Postby wawhitey » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 23]

MontBison wrote:You can hate on me all you want but kid rock is the best musician I have ever seen. If you have ever seen him live in concert you know exactly what I'm taking about. The guy has talent.

come on, its scientific fact that pink floyd is as good as it gets. and i say scientifict fact in the loosest possible terms, but i stand by my previous statement
wawhitey

Postby Freebird134 » 06 21, 2013 •  [Post 24]

MontBison wrote:You can hate on me all you want but kid rock is the best musician I have ever seen. If you have ever seen him live in concert you know exactly what I'm taking about. The guy has talent.

Best you have seen? Well, how many have you seen exactly?

I've never seen Mr. Rock live, but I'd love to. He's not the greatest thing ever, but I argue he's among the most talented and versatile musicians of the last decade or so. Name someone else that can have the same song be a hit on country, classic rock, and pop radio (and without adding guest rappers and extra dance beats). I'm a huge Kid Rock fan: super talented, never sold out, and doesn't take himself too seriously.
Freebird134

Postby MontBison » 06 21, 2013 •  [Post 25]

Probably not as many as some of you. But I've seen all of the "new age" country singers, rock bands, throw in Tom petty, lynard skynard, Styxx and I will stand by the statement of kid rock. It's absolutely mind blowing to me the array of instruments he can play in concert. Another one I'd throw out would be Eric Church. Have seen him a few times and the dude just seems flat out angry and wants to tear shtick up on stage
MontBison

Postby Indian Summer » 06 21, 2013 •  [Post 26]

Kid Rock 1 & 2 are really good. After that he went down the crapper. Anyone ever listen to Joe Satriani? Heck of an axeman as is Steve Vai. Loved Badlands when they were around. Soundgarden kicks butt. Always a fan of blues and ZZ Top puts on a heck of a show.

Saw Jimmy Page twice with Paul Rogers and The Firm and they were really really good. Saw Pink Floyd as well as Roger Waters and David Gilmore solo. Gilmore was frickin awesome. I have an old stack of concert tickets stubs thicker than a phone book. Not much country in there but there's not many rock bands I haven't seen.

Who the heck told Bob Dylan he could sing? Probably his mother! She lied. :lol:
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Freebird134 » 06 21, 2013 •  [Post 27]

Satriani and Vai are amazing guitar players, but I just can't listen to it. I can only take so many minutes of 1/16 notes and whammy bar dive bombs before I need a melody!!! When my wife and I started dating, one of her first gifts to me was a Satriani guitar tablature book. I had to accept it with a smile, since we were only dating a few months. Now, I'm a pretty good guitar player if I do say so, but Satriani? Way out of my league.
Freebird134