Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

predator hole trail cam

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

predator hole trail cam

Postby wawhitey » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 1]

so this is all from a trail cam i had up for one month and pulled yesterday. just picked a few of the better pics, but you get the idea. http://imgur.com/a/DkT5K
wawhitey

Re: predator hole trail cam

Postby bnsafe » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 2]

wow, thats pretty cool. i would be carrying 2 firearms and some spray if it was me, and butt would be puckering on the way in and out.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby >>>---WW----> » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Dang! That poor bunny wabbit! Looks like every critter in the woods is after him. LOL!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby BrentLaBere » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Awesome pictures and what a busy trail! I was thinking the same thing, that rabbit better keep his guard up haha.
Thanks for sharing.
BrentLaBere

First Name: Brent
Last Name: LaBere

Postby cnelk » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 5]

There's gonna be a missing rabbit alert issued in that area real soon!

Cool pics!
I can't wait to go set my trail cams out!
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby Ridgernr » 05 22, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Very cool Thanks for sharing , just goes to show you never know who is in your area.
Ridgernr

First Name: Randy

Postby wawhitey » 05 22, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Ridgernr wrote:Very cool Thanks for sharing , just goes to show you never know who is in your area.

oh i had a pretty good idea.... i saw a cougar there in october (and tracks from multiple other cats in the immediate vicinity) but wasnt able to get a shot off before she melted into the timber. and ive seen bear / coyote / moose/deer scat on that trail, and some turned over rocks. just never expected to get all of them, plus bobcat and skunk, on my cam on a one month soak. i got pretty excited as i stood there on the trail looking through my sd card on my digi cam. needless to say i will be hunting that spot this fall.
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 05 23, 2013 •  [Post 8]

any experienced cougar guys have an opinion on the size/gender of that cat? looks like a small to middlin female to me, but im not a cougar buff. never tagged one, only ever seen one live in the woods myself, tho ive seen lots of tracks
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 05 31, 2013 •  [Post 9]

just thought id throw this out there. the camera i used here is the bushnell x-8. its a really good camera in my opinion, but theyre a couple years old model, so now hard to find, trailcampro doesnt have them anymore, and at opticsplanet theyre $156. however i just found them on closeout at wal-mart.com for $108. amazing price for a camera of this quality, so i just snagged three more of them. if anyones in the market for a new trailcam id have to say you cant beat that value. as much as i hate to sit here advertising for walmart its just a really good deal.
wawhitey