Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Wonderful Colorado!?!?!?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Wonderful Colorado!?!?!?

Postby >>>---WW----> » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I see Wa. just legalized lighted nocks. Colorado can't do something so simple as that! But they can pass gun control laws, make smoking pot legal, and they just legalized gay marrage.

Sorry! I just had to rant! Colorado is going down the toilet!!!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Wonderful Colorado!?!?!?

Postby pointysticks » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 2]

stoned gay dudes like bright things. give it time..the lighted nocks will become legal.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby easeup » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 3]

isn't that special
more like California every day.
easeup

Postby buglmin » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Its getting bad here in wonderful Colorado, and whats scary is the idea that the laws they just passed opened thev door for more laws that could come. It leaves you worried and wondering what else is in store for us...
buglmin

Postby bnsafe » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 5]

i had an idea how colorado had become, but didtn fully appreciate it till i got out here. prob woulda picked another state and i known, and may look in a year or two.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby dotman » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 6]

bnsafe wrote:i had an idea how liberal colorado had become, but didtn fully appreciate it till i got out here. prob woulda picked another state and i known, and may look in a year or two.

Once you get away from the front range it isn't so bad but I think it is slowly spreading inward like cancer. Take Pagosa Springs, two city council members live in apartments and are from Cal, they have lived in the area less then 5 years. Pissed my parents off to no end. There should be a requirement that you either own property or have lived there a minimum of 10 years before you can be in office. Hopefully they can run out all the libs.
dotman

Postby bnsafe » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 7]

deleted, my bad
bnsafe

Postby buglmin » 05 02, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Pagosa Springs...oh please, lets not talk about Pagosa Springs!! I moved back after being gone 11 years, and man, what a shock!! And if I can see things, why are poeple here so blind?
Things have to start somewhere, and when the gun laws passed, they started. And sad to say, but people here know its just a start. With so many liberals up north, new and tougher laws are just aronnd the corner.
Hunters are talking bout boycotting colorado this year, and what would that prove? How would it effect the liberals in Boudler, Golden, Denver? These aint tourists towns, and they wouldnt be hurt by boycotting. Do you think the PETA people in colorado care if you dont show up to hunt and fish? All it might hurt is the lazy F&G...the ones that lie about the high elk numbers in Colorado, lie about the high harvest reports, just to get non residents to come and spend the high dollar amount for tags and conservation stamps...
buglmin

Postby dotman » 05 02, 2013 •  [Post 9]

But you also have to remember that CO is also one of the cheaper states for the NR to hunt. I can hunt MT for an $80 tag re but also have to drive almost twice as far to hunt. So CO has been my choice and the overall cost is cheaper when you account for gas and lodging etc. My drive to ID this year will be around 22hrs and that is if I drive straight thru.

I do agree though that they have overstated the herd numbers and play off the growing predator numbers. I have been trying to get an Archery Bear tag andthey sell out in 20min or less every year and the past few years you can't go 100 yards without seeing bear or cat pooh.
dotman

Postby bnsafe » 05 02, 2013 •  [Post 10]

deleted.
bnsafe

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Hey Guys, let's try to refrain from politically incorrect items that might offend some viewers.

jf
JohnFitzgerald

Postby bnsafe » 05 09, 2013 •  [Post 12]

good point john, i just re read my posts and if i offended anyone im truly sorry. i sure didnt mean to.
bnsafe

Postby buglmin » 05 09, 2013 •  [Post 13]

I reead the posts, and didnt anything offensive. Nothing here has been said that hasnt already been said in newspapers, ads on tv, or in all the petitions that are going around trying to get sportsmans signatures on them.
Things here in Colorado are getting out of hand, and to see this, just spend a few hours reading and talking to the leaders of various political parties...
buglmin

Postby dotman » 05 09, 2013 •  [Post 14]

Yeah I don't remember anything bad at all in this thread.
dotman

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 05 09, 2013 •  [Post 15]

For reasons defined by someone else, this thread was reported as offensive.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby bnsafe » 05 09, 2013 •  [Post 16]

well i took down all my posts on this thread and apologized, but really? somebody found this offensive. i have to say im tired of being "politically correct" while other folks can say anything they want.
bnsafe

Postby otcWill » 05 09, 2013 •  [Post 17]

Let's not forget the positives like the fact that its a big game hunters smorgasborg (sp?)! We got it all, :roll: :roll: except if we talk politics, but why talk politics on a huntn site?
otcWill

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 05 12, 2013 •  [Post 18]

bnsafe wrote:well i took down all my posts on this thread and apologized, but really? somebody found this offensive. i have to say im tired of being "politically correct" while other folks can say anything they want.

My initial request was "...let's try to refrain from politically incorrect items that might offend some viewers."

Sorry you feel like you had to take down your posts because that was not my intent on making the request.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby wawhitey » 05 12, 2013 •  [Post 19]

every state is going to have a seattle / san francisco in it eventually. only thing you can do is move as far into the sticks as possible and bury your head in the sand. enjoy!
wawhitey