Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Damn... another rough week

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Postby Indian Summer » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 1]

A really good friend of mine had a nephew, Chad Vida, who was always a hard worker. Self employed since he got out of high school. I used to give him good deals on printing when he owned a pizza shop. Lately he's been window washing among other things.

This past Saturday he got into an arguement with some guy in a not so nice part of town. Witnesses say it got pretty heated and the guy threatened to run him over. He stood in front of the car and the other guy floored the gas. Threw him in the aiir and put him completely through the windshield. Killed him on the spot. 40 years old. What a senseless death. The guy drove off and then stopped to call 911 but it was too late.

Things keep going downhill with my mother too.

What's next! :cry:

6th funeral of the year today.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: Damn... another rough week

Postby Lefty » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Yikes ;;

Hope things turn around for your mother.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Sorry to hear about your friend's nephew. The senseless deaths are always a shock and so hard to understand. Prayers send out to your mom and your family. Hopefully, she get to feeling better and you and your family can sail some smoother waters very soon. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I am saddened to hear about your mom and your friend's nephew. At times like this I am thankful I can take my difficulties and pains to a Lord who Himself suffered and He cares.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Yep, tough week Joe, hang in there bud! It's great to see you're comfortable enough to share your sorrows with us, bud we do feel the pain. Things will look up, time is a great healer.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby pointysticks » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Hang onto the memories of better times. I wonder what the argument was about? What gets a person so angry to kill. And what gets a person so angry to stand in front of a man capable to kill.

Hope things brighten up for you bud.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby dotman » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Man, sorry to hear, just sad. My prayers are with you.
dotman

Postby Indian Summer » 04 06, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Thanks guys. yeah Paul... I'm pretty much at home here. I have "family" over at the redneck bar but there are 1000s on there I don't even kow. It's like Cheers here where everybody knows your name.

Part of the reason I posted is because I feel a little guilty. I haven't been on here as much as I was last month but it's because of all the things that seem to keep coming my way. I know that soon we'll all be outside more so we should try to participate as much as we can now and appreciate what we have here. There will come a point where we all disappear for awhile. I'm sure some of us will be thinking about each other at some point while we're hunting this fall.

In a way I'm inspired by others. Big Dan loses his son and runs straight to his friends who hunt. People go through divorces and come here to vent and seek advice... or just companionship. This is one hell of a place Paul. You should be proud.

Maybe one day we'll have a meet & greet somewhere. In the meantime it's nice to have some friends to help with the tough times.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Clip-Shot » 04 06, 2013 •  [Post 9]

It was upsetting to read about your buddies nephew.
What a tragedy.
I'm sorry to hear of things going downhill for your mom as well Joe.
Clip-Shot
Site Sponsor

First Name: Lyn
Last Name: Wilson

Postby bnsafe » 04 06, 2013 •  [Post 10]

sorry to hear that, theres alot to learn there from all of us. but its a hard lesson.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott