Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

quiet day

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

quiet day

Postby bnsafe » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 1]

at the elknut. yall must be workin harder than me. im having to generate my own posts to catch dotman for main herd bull. :D
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: quiet day

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Very quiet.. Almost too quiet :o I'm gonna look outside and see if the zombies have taken over :shock:
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby sreekers » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Nice weather....everyone heads outside.
The More Than Memories Series, helping new elk hunters be successful:

http://seekoutside.com/buzz/blog/
sreekers
Site Sponsor

Postby pointysticks » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 4]

turkey season started.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

quiet day

Postby RockChucker30 » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Work. Avoid it.
Paradox Packs
Performance Driven Backpacks
RockChucker30
Site Sponsor

First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Coleman

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Yes it is quiet, hopefully pick up this evening a bit? What will happen is everyone will show at once! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bnsafe » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 7]

hope so, i depend on you guys for my entertainment. and to catch dotman, lol
bnsafe

Postby Swede » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 8]

It has been a very quiet day here on the Elknut site. It happens, but it has me thinking again. Dang it I am trying to preserve my brain by avoiding working it. I notice some threads just go on an on, with not much of interest being added (my opinion only), while otheres never get any traction. Some conversations amount to light conversation, while others explore more significant themes, that could advance our cumulative hunting education. With that said, let me challenge all of you bored hunters to go back and pick up some of those short threads and consider advancing the conversation. Disagree in a polite manner where you perceive there are errors. My posts excluded. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Nice point Swede. For some of you newer cats, or, just those who wish to get some feedback on how your elk howling practice is going.. you could post up some noises on the "Post em Up Threads".. just saying. I started a new one just the other day and nobody has offered up any squeaks. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby buglmin » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Well I was told to have a few quiet days and to relax and get rest...have you really ever tried that? Too tired to play with bows and to make arrows...
buglmin

Postby Freebird134 » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 11]

I know i was pretty quiet today. Lots of work--more than normal. I've needed something to distract me, so this is a good thing. Since anthony's (buglmin) buddy bought my bow, I'm bowless untill my new one gets to the shop. I'm going crazy. I'm spending my time over analyzing the effects of arrow weight on KE and Momentum, and over-thinking things like broadhead diameter and stabilizer length. I need a bow. And I need it fast!!!!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Swede » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 12]

Buglmin we are told what you were, when we get on our wife's nerves and have pushed things a little too far. :D
Swede

Postby buglmin » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 13]

Its not the ex wife, although i did drive her crazy pretty often,( cant believe she put up with me for 17 years) its doctors orders...and these orders I will follow to the T...
I have all the stuff needed to go one the two Dartons sitting in a box on the floor...have a new Siera Blanco Bow that Jess is waiting for me to get down there so he can make the grip the way I want...all these things will have to wait for a while...so i come here often, looking for the new threads, looking for someone to harass...Paul is fun to pick on, but just cant get him going yet...lol
buglmin

Postby cnelk » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 14]

It was a quiet day here too.

After work I cleaned out my truck and then went thru some gear to go turkey hunting next week.

Then I went for a ride on my Harley... stopped for a beverage, then came home and made some turkey tacos.

No shooting the bows today
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby Swede » 04 04, 2013 •  [Post 15]

I understand the need to harass. When my wife has endured as much as I dare dish out, and gives me that look, I go after John Fitzgerald.
Swede

Postby easeup » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 16]

yeh...it is quiet here and over on the westernforum AT also. I noticed this happening over the last few weeks too.

Swede wrote:It has been a very quiet day here on the Elknut site. It happens, but it has me thinking again. Dang it I am trying to preserve my brain by avoiding working it. I notice some threads just go on an on, with not much of interest being added (my opinion only), while otheres never get any traction. Some conversations amount to light conversation, while others explore more significant themes, that could advance our cumulative hunting education. With that said, let me challenge all of you bored hunters to go back and pick up some of those short threads and consider advancing the conversation. Disagree in a polite manner where you perceive there are errors. My posts excluded. :D

nice
easeup

Postby dotman » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 17]

bnsafe wrote:at the elknut. yall must be workin harder than me. im having to generate my own posts to catch dotman for main herd bull. :D

Haha, sneaky!!
dotman

Postby bnsafe » 04 05, 2013 •  [Post 18]

only for another mo guy. :lol:
bnsafe