Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Seattle for a day

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Seattle for a day

Postby ST52V » 04 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

A friend of mine will be in Seatle for a day and was looking for places to stay and things to do. This will be at the end of the month. He loves to fly fish any ideas??? Thanks Robin
ST52V

First Name: Robin
Last Name: Wise

Re: Seattle for a day

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

ST52V wrote:A friend of mine will be in Seatle for a day and was looking for places to stay and things to do. This will be at the end of the month. He loves to fly fish any ideas??? Thanks Robin

I'm quite a bit farther south and don't spend a lot of time in "the big city". Not much going on for fishing up there this time of year, salt or fresh but Seattle is a pretty cool city to visit. I'd recommend going to the Space Needle and downtown park, visting the waterfront (perhaps going to the aquarium), definitely experience flying fish at Pikes Place market (open air market close to the water front), possibly attending a Mariners game, or even go a bit farther north to the Woodland Park Zoo (very nice zoo).. The Experienced Music Project museum is kind of cool. Lots of good restaurants down town. Hope this helps a bit. Oh, he could "ride the duck" :)... Google that one and you'll see what I mean.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 04 02, 2013 •  [Post 3]

The first idea that comes to my mind is, make sure your friend has good rain gear if they are going into any undeveloped places. The brush up there will destroy the cheap stuff. The folks around the Seattle doen't need a weather person to forcast the weather. They get out to where Mt. Rainier should be visible. If the mountain can be seen they know it is going to rain. If they can't see it; it is raining. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 02, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:The first idea that comes to my mind is, make sure your friend has good rain gear if they are going into any undeveloped places. The brush up there will destroy the cheap stuff. The folks around the Seattle doen't need a weather person to forcast the weather. They get out to where Mt. Rainier should be visible. If the mountain can be seen they know it is going to rain. If they can't see it; it is raining. :D

Rain? Rain? Of what does thou speaketh of Sir? It doesn't rain here.. it "always" rains here :D
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 04 02, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I feel like bragging about NW Oregon. We had about three days of sunshine. They were all in a row! Can you believe it? It clouded over again today so I suppose the UFO reports returned to normal for Portland.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Moose-head » 04 09, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Phantom has some good suggestions. I love the aquarium. I have little kids and we go on a ferry ride when we go. As I remember if you walk on you only pay a toll one way, although that may have changed. Those give you a good view of the city from the water, and a chance to sit and rest for a while, having kids we eat a picnic while we are on the ferry to save $$. We visit family that we have in Polsbo; which is a Norwegian themed tourist town and we walk around there, but there are other fun places to go to. If he decides to go to an M's game there is a ferry dock right by the stadium.
Moose-head

First Name: Dana

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 09, 2013 •  [Post 7]

I take back what I said about watching a Mariners game, they're not doing so well this year :? The stadium is pretty cool though :D
WapitiTalk1

Postby elkmtngear » 04 11, 2013 •  [Post 8]

As Phantom mentioned, probably not a lot going on fishing wise this time of Year.

I was stationed up there a long time ago, there were a lot of fishing opportunities, though I never did fly fish. We caught some huge salmon right in the Puget Sound.

I did fish for Steelhead several times on the Nisqually River. We always did well there up near the Glacier on Ranier.
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor