Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Very rough week

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Very rough week

Postby Indian Summer » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I haven't been on here much this week. Been a rough one. The other day my mom looked at me and asked "What is your last name?" I knew the day was coming but it still blows you away.

Then just when I think my problems are bad, for those of you who know Danny Moore aka Bigdan... his wife found their 32 year old son passed away yesterday morning. I can hardly see the computer to type. whew
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: Very rough week

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Dude, sorry to hear about your mom, getting old flat sucks, I wish both of you the best!

That's terrible news about Bigdans son, yes I know him & have spoke many times with him, he's a good man. I'm speechless.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ORelksniper » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Indian Summer, I am really sorry to hear about your Mom. That's one of life's tough realities for us kids. Enjoy the time you have with each other. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Please pass on my condolences to BigDan and his family. Another tough reality that puts everything else in perspective.
ORelksniper

Postby ELKrazy » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Wow, so sorry to hear. Hope things start to look up for you, your family and friends. :(
ELKrazy

First Name: Matt

Postby Swede » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 5]

No doubt it has beeen a rough week for you and yours, then Big Dan and family. Like the others, I too am saddened to hear the news. Will pray.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby buglmin » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 6]

I was sadden to hear the news bout Bigdan...left me in shell shock. And Im sorry bout your mom, Ive seen mine going down hill slowly, and my girlfriend is in Denver waiting for her mom to die...
We all have our on demons to fight, and how we choose to handle them is a personal choice. Im fighting a deman inside me now, one that is slowly attacking my body from within. Tomorrow is a new day, a new beginning. Make memories today so you can remember them tomorrow. God Bless, and be strong...
buglmin

Postby planebow » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Sorry to here about your mom, have a mother in law that is getting very close to the same condition. I am also very sad to here about Dan's son, just talked with Dan the other night for a few hours.
planebow

First Name: Robert
Last Name: Howard

Postby >>>---WW----> » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Sorry to hear that about your Mother. But you know, God doesn't care about that and he still loves your Mom. He even mentions in the Bible to come to him like a child.

I spent a month in Alaska with Danny. Great friend and a square shooter. I know he thought a lot of his son and will surely miss him.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby dapper » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Sorry to hear about your mother and bigdans son. My prayers will go out for those families involved.

Dan
dapper

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Behring

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Thoughts and prayers to Big Dan's family.

It's hard Joe, but stay strong. Enjoy every moment even if they are rough! Thoughts and prayers to you to bud.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby scrubs » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Sorry to hear about this IS.
scrubs

First Name: Brett

Postby Lefty » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 12]

Family losses are tough
In my case our religous beliefs does make difficulties and passing of loved ones easier to understand and accept.

My M-I-L had a mini stroke at our place at Christmas 1 1/2 years ago. Her memory is fading and she knows it.
Last Sunday I made a salmon dinner for the family. She asked if I had ever given her the recipe(each time I made it for them this year).
My dad passed of cancer over 20 years ago,.. Those last two years were some of our families best.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Bartfrncs » 03 24, 2013 •  [Post 13]

I understand I lost my MOM on Jan 31 She and my dad were on the way to florida to go to thier new house. It sucks but It just reminds me to live like every day is your last. It just mite be.
Bart
Bartfrncs

First Name: Bart
Last Name: Frncs