Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

predator hunting section?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

predator hunting section?

Postby wawhitey » 03 18, 2013 •  [Post 1]

how about it? adding a predator hunting section, instead of posting that stuff in the misc.? a section for bear / cougar / wolf / yote etc
wawhitey

Re: predator hunting section?

Postby Sean D. » 03 18, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I 2nd it! I think thats a great idea!
Sean D.

First Name: Sean
Last Name: D

Postby Swede » 03 18, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I may be an exception, but I disagree. The thing that is most attractive about this site is the insights offered by experienced elk hunters. Paul Medel and Co. has been laid a great foundation. Others have tried to help build on that. My fear is that, if significant thought is not given to any subject or other forum for that matter, all that will be accomplished is dimming down the light that has attracted serious hunters to this site.
Currently there are several forums on this site that are hardly used. If the deer and turkey forums are going to grow and thrive, they will need someone with real interest and expertise to champion them. John Fitzgerald is trying to get someone to manage "Mt. Ready", because it is currently going nowhere.
I believe another forum with aimless discussion is not going to educate current observers or attract more people to come onboard. There are other sites already available for that.
Personally, I would like to see Paul and John refocus some of what we have, and expand only where they can draw genuine expertise in to shore up the foundation. Just my 2 cents.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 20, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Guys we are always open to suggestions. I have nothing against adding additional Forums if they would be utilized? If we can get 10 different folks on here to say yes they'd like it & would support it then we'd seriously consider it! Thanks

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby >>>---WW----> » 03 20, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I'm with Swede on this one. This forum was set up for elk and elk hunting. There is room in (Doc's Office) for all other topics.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Freebird134 » 03 20, 2013 •  [Post 6]

I don't think we need a predator section personally. It seems like we dont really need a Deer or Turkey section either, given how little they seem to be used. I mean, in almost a year we only have 17 turkey threads and under 50 on deer. Why not just combine stuff into a "non-elk" section? Just an idea.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon