Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

just found out

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

just found out

Postby bnsafe » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 1]

im gonna lose half, at least im in colorado, bring on the elk, should be fun now that i dont have anybody else to worry about
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: just found out

Postby cnelk » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 2]

oooooohhhhhh.....
Ouch.
That one sucks. Been there myself

Lets go shoot sometime
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby bnsafe » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 3]

im all for shootin sometime cnelk, just let me know when. ive got kids all next week but the week after i should be free.
bnsafe

Postby buglmin » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Damn Dude!!!! Im so sorry man...my fiance left 4 weeks ago back to Denver to be with her dying mom and family, and as of last week, she might no come back to Pagosa, so I know the feeling. Keep your head up man, and God Bless!!
buglmin

Postby Swede » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Oh boy. This is a sad thread. That is sure rotten news. I hope things work out for you. Will pray.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby bnsafe » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 6]

sorry fellas, to much rum last nite. i shouldnt have posted that. back to elk huntin. my bad
bnsafe

Postby buglmin » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Its cool dude, we're all friends here. Anytime you need to talk, im here. We all go through this, and if I can give you any advice, when you talk to her, remember to never say anything out of anger or hurt, cause once spoken, words cant be taken back. Keep your head up, it'll be ok...
buglmin

Postby >>>---WW----> » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I lost my first wife also. But the good news was through that bad experience, I found strength in God. And also a better woman. We've been happily married for 40 years. And to top it off, she encourages my elk hunting addiction.

So hang in there Pard, things will get better.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby cnelk » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Its going to be 3 years this year for me.
Was married for 21 years, but glad thats behind me.
Got 2 GREAT kids tho!!!

Then just over a year ago I got engaged, but she bolted. [I know what you're up against Buglmin]

But now she and I are trying it again. Under a TOTAL different set of rules tho...
I don't see this cowboy wearing a ring again anytime soon - if ever.
WAAAAYYYY too many elk to chase :)

Scott
Since you are new to the area, lets be sure to hook up.
I know LOTS of people [guys & gals], places to go, things to do...

Talk soon
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby scrubs » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Sorry to hear about your situation. Went thru the same thing 7yrs ago. Won`t do it again without a prenuptial agreement. It`s interesting how quickly they run when you say that...... Thought it was supposed to be about love :lol:
scrubs

First Name: Brett

Postby buglmin » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Yessir, she's in Denver, Im here in Pagosa, kinda fighting something inside me I dunno how much longer I can fight...body is old, tired and weak...but she doesnt know how bad it is.
In my first divorce, I lost so much..and Im still being screwed...cant outfit til 2014 without her getting half right off the top...OUCH!! Had to sell permits in Colorado and lost two huge ranches in New Mexico.
So you see, we are all in the same boat my friend, know its hard, but you gotta keep your head up.
buglmin

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 12]

I agree, no problem venting at all bnsafe, looks like plenty have been through what you are now experiencing, good luck my friend!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ORelksniper » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 13]

bnsafe, I'm sorry to hear about the split. There is no denying it's gonna be rough but you have friends here. A lot of us have been through it and we know how important it is to have someone to talk at. If you want to vent go right ahead. If you don't want to do it publicly then send out a PM. We're here to help, brother.

Live well and be strong.
ORelksniper

Postby Indian Summer » 03 10, 2013 •  [Post 14]

I've seen guy clam up and quit doing the things they loved. Don't let that happen. Elk hunting is great therapy for anything if you ask me. Even if your mind wanders here or there it's a great place to work things out for yourself and maybe take a look at your priorities. Best of luck ... time heals all.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby easeup » 03 11, 2013 •  [Post 15]

there probably is no painless way out of that situation.
I got a feelin' rum ain't going to help much either.
easeup

Postby Vanish » 03 11, 2013 •  [Post 16]

Wow, this has been one hell of a half of a year bnsafe.
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby bnsafe » 03 11, 2013 •  [Post 17]

its been a wild 18 mos. my grandmother who is the only person to ever really love me and basically raised me died suddenly, my brother wont talk to me because of a lie somebody else told, my parents disowned me and said things to me that you wouldnt say to a terrorist, (all over my daughters horse), they ask for the land that they gave me as my inheritance back (land that i hunted on for the last 35 years and killed all my first game and my kids first animals on) which i signed over to them even though i didnt have to. so ive lost my gma, brother, parents, and land. then ive started a new job in a new town in a new state thats so different. i have a great wife but she has been to busy with work and school and resting that she hasnt been around. then after 20 years this year i get myself into trouble because i was texting and facebooking a girl from our home town and got drunk an said some things i should not have said and didnt mean. men gaurd yourself, its really not worth it. doesnt look like we are getting a divorce but its gonna be a long haul before i have my best friend back.
thanks for the support guys.
bnsafe

Postby Swede » 03 11, 2013 •  [Post 18]

Bnsafe: My heart goes out to you, and I hope you can repair a dangerously frayed relationship with your wife. You can easily tell me to mind my own business, but it is obvious that you have a problem with your drinking. I am sure you know better than anyone what you need to do to restore the confidence of your best friend, and keep your marriage headed in the right direction. Best wishes friend.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby buglmin » 03 11, 2013 •  [Post 19]

Dude...the mai thing is too keep the communitcation lines open...thats the important part. Give her her space and time, dont force the issue.
Its taken four weeks for me and my ex fiance to talk on the phone without hurting each other. Just learn to take a deep breath and take a step back. She is scared right now, and you are to. Maybe you two need to look into marriage counseling...it works if you let it and want it to.
Dont you just like all the free marriage advice youre getting...all from divorced guys with problems with girl friends...lol
buglmin

Postby dotman » 03 12, 2013 •  [Post 20]

Hey man we all make mistakes, good time to reflect on what is truly important.
dotman

Postby pointysticks » 03 12, 2013 •  [Post 21]

bn..

good luck!!

i am five years married..it isnt easy..but worth it.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby bnsafe » 03 12, 2013 •  [Post 22]

thanks guys, yall are great. actually swede i dont drink very much or very often. i just dont do well with it on the times i do. good luck to all on here, nobody said life was easy. now back to the mountains, lol.
bnsafe