Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

cabo fishing

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

cabo fishing

Postby ranger3-94 » 03 06, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Looking for a good charter in cabo the end of aug. would like to catch a any bill fish from PA so any thing would be good. have fished offshore before but never in cabo any review from any of you guys would be great........
ranger3-94

First Name: Keith
Last Name: Geibel

Re: cabo fishing

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 09, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Keith, welcome to the Forum! Wish I could help out but I don't fish much anymore plus never been out that way? I'm surprised someone else here hasn't been though?

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Indian Summer » 03 09, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I bet Paul could point you to some great cutthroat or steelhead fishing in Idaho. I could.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby >>>---WW----> » 03 09, 2013 •  [Post 4]

It might be alot cheaper to catch one of those long range fishing boats out of SanDeigo. There used to be a boat there called the Red Rooster. They did 7-10 day trips for Wahoo, Rooster fish and BIG tuna. I think they actually went down into Cabo waters of the Baha.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Chukarhunter » 03 09, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I was in Cabo for a couple of weeks just this past January. Went out with a charter company called Viviana. Thought they were great, and they worked hard to get us on fish. Spent 1/2 day looking for Marlin, but never found any. Did catch a couple of dozen yellowfin tuna though (between me and a couple friends). Had them flash frozen, then packed them in a beach blanket and a bunch of newspaper, then put them in my suitcase (wife wasn't too happy about fish in the suitcase!). When I went through US Customs coming home, the inspector asked if I had any meat or fish to declare. Told him I had some tuna in my suitcase. He said "hope it's frozen" to which I replied...."Me too!" funny thing was, he never even had me open the suitcase!
Chukarhunter

First Name: Bill

Postby ranger3-94 » 03 12, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Indian Summer wrote:I bet Paul could point you to some great cutthroat or steelhead fishing in Idaho. I could.

Joe we have great steelhead fishing here in our state (PA). I catch 10 to 20 a year by mistake while walleye fishing lake erie.45 min drive copared to 5hr flight? They are fun to catch but are not fit eat in my opinion (spoiled by walleye and perch). thanks for the reply though.
ranger3-94

Postby ranger3-94 » 03 12, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Chukarhunter wrote:I was in Cabo for a couple of weeks just this past January. Went out with a charter company called Viviana. Thought they were great, and they worked hard to get us on fish. Spent 1/2 day looking for Marlin, but never found any. Did catch a couple of dozen yellowfin tuna though (between me and a couple friends). Had them flash frozen, then packed them in a beach blanket and a bunch of newspaper, then put them in my suitcase (wife wasn't too happy about fish in the suitcase!). When I went through US Customs coming home, the inspector asked if I had any meat or fish to declare. Told him I had some tuna in my suitcase. He said "hope it's frozen" to which I replied...."Me too!" funny thing was, he never even had me open the suitcase!

thanks will look into them I beleive sept. is better fishing hope so thats what the calendars say. Nice to here you could bring some home really didnt think it was permited.
ranger3-94

Postby bowgy » 03 14, 2013 •  [Post 8]

There's a small town about half way up on the sea of cortez named Loreto. In August the dorados and the yellowtails are up near the surface and you can catch lots of these big fish out of a panga ( 18' 20' skiff ) they also have billfish but I'm not sure when they are around.
bowgy