Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

From My Cold Dead Hands.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

From My Cold Dead Hands.

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 1]

One our esteemed Elknut members shared this with me via email at work today. Thank you for sending it to me this morning.. We're in a battle friends and we cannot give in as "they" will not stop, believe me. Take strength and inspiration from this good man, who probably isn't a hunter but understands the constitution and why is was established. We are no longer the silent majority for sure. Gotta raise up and launch a counter attack to preserve our rights and remind everyone how our country was founded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHbr0TRgcdY
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: From My Cold Dead Hands.

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGL5PFu9 ... r_embedded

Here's another one for ya RJ. I believe in this one as well.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 3]

>>>---WW----> wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGL5PFu938U&feature=player_embedded

Here's another one for ya RJ. I believe in this one as well.

Thank you Bill.. Really. My glass is running over..............
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 02 05, 2013 •  [Post 4]

This is the first thread on the Elknut Forum to enter the political realm, with no clear tie to hunting. Personally I think it sets a bad precedent.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby foxvalley » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Swede wrote:This is the first thread on the Elknut Forum to enter the political realm, with no clear tie to hunting. Personally I think it sets a bad precedent.

I disagree.
But I am confussed on which direction to go here,This is the place to "Yap it up" but are we going to be in bad graces if we talk about politics or religion? Swede, I don't know what wood cutting or superbowl treats have to do with hunting either,but nobody said anything about that.
We should have this thread"From my Cold Dead Hands" just for politics,and religion, and if you don't like it,you don't have to read it.
foxvalley

First Name: doug
Last Name: houghton

Postby cnelk » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 6]

We are all aware of the current events that are taking place and each of us has our own thoughts and views.
We all know where to voice our opinions at the State level.

I am with Swede on this one.
Too many times political or religious views have caused hate and discontent (like every war)

I am a member of other sites that ABSOLUTELY do not allow religious or political views to be posted.
And I agree with that position as there are plenty of other sites to join and voice your concerns.

If the moderators of this site do end up allowing these kind of threads, I would suggest to create its own Topic Section
So forum members know it contains political/religious threads and can read or participate if needed.

Upon reading the header of this thread, readers had no idea of its content

That is just my .02 .....
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby Vanish » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 7]

I'd rather not see these kinds of threads here either.
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby foxvalley » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Out of respect for all the servicemen and women who gave there lives protecting our freedoms,freedom of speech being one,I will not be part of any forum that "forbids" me from saying anything. I love my country,I love my freedom,and I love my god.
foxvalley

Postby Harmy » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 9]

My political and religious beliefs are my own and I never try to pressure someone to my point of view and I would rarely express it even when asked point blank. I do not listen when someone trys to convince me that their beliefs are the only true beliefs available. I quickly loose any interest in communicating with people when political or religious discussions take place because I find that too often people are unwilling to let someone else have their own opinions and philosophies and that they won't respect others for who they are when their opinions differ. I strongly prefer this forum to be dedicated whole heartedly to elk hunting as its primary focus. Elk hunting is not a policital view. Elk hunting is not a religion (maybe I should rethink that statement?). The occasional off topic thead is fine with me and entertaining as we drift about various things (i.e. cutting logs for a new cabin-pretty cool, invisibility cloaks-really?, jerky recipes-more please, long range shooting-yes I agree I do need an attitude adjustment, etc.). I certainly will not visit nor read a topic dedicated to political and religous views and would find that a huge distraction to the purpose of Paul's business and intent of this forum. We all have a freedom of speech and I respect that. But there are places where freedom of speech should be tempered by what is appropriate in that specific format for speaking. I feel that inclusion of these topics is not our decision as a group of users regardless of our opinions. This is Paul's business and his perogative to make it what he will. If he does or does not include religous/political topics I would still support his business, visit this forum, and continue to thank him for his incredible assistance in teaching us the art of chasing and getting close to these awesome critters.
Harmy

First Name: Chris

Postby ElkNut1 » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Thanks for your comments guys. I'm a pretty simple minded guy & personally do not get involved with political & religious debates, why, because they lead no where but to hurt feelings! Emotions seem to over ride good sense in many cases & hard feelings occur, I do not want this. I will not be having a Forum for such debates either as I'm strongly opposed to them. Everyone has their own & it should be kept that way.

This has nothing to do with the men & women who've given their lives for this country & for the ones still doing so. Everyone is no doubt great full for their freedom here! This is a Hunting Forum first & foremost let's keep it that way! Thanks a bunch!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ORelksniper » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Harmy.......well said.
ORelksniper

Postby foxvalley » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 12]

Yes, Harmy very well said. I guess I didn't realize that by talking religion or politics,that you are in fact voicing your opinion,and that someone else might take offense to what you have to say.This is a very positive,fun site to be on, and I can see now that it could get ugly real fast. Nobody on this site is a bigger fan of Paul than me,and I will most certainly respect his decision.
I opologize to anyone that I may have offended with my views, as this is a hunting site,and hope nobody bursts into flames upon reading the "G" word. LOL. I just hope we are doing the right thing here by turning a blind eye,and don't wake one morning to find out that this wonderful site is no longer needed.
foxvalley

Postby Harmy » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 13]

Doug, I most certainly did not take any offense to your use of the word "God" or your own personal opinions and beliefs on these subjects (or anyone else for that matter). Nor of your desire to express your free speech. I have no problems with anyone who has strong faith. I don't mind if they thank the lord or Jesus or Allah or Buddha or their dad and mom. That is their personal belief and they have the right to thank anyone they desire and believe in their own spiritual path or political orientation. I don't mind reading that someone has faith. Having spent 50 years growing up in Utah I have a long history of religious issues and confrontations and people forcing opinions. That is what I think we should avoid and what we could degrade into very quickly if not checked. I have no desires to prevent anyone from holding onto their beliefs nor do I want to change anyone to my set of beliefs. I greatly respect those who have strong beliefs and I do not think less of them whether they are Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, Jewish, Republican, Democrat, etc. I just want to be respected when my beliefs are different and as Paul said that can become a difficult issue when politics and religion are incorporated into a public forum such as this one. More importantly for me personally, is that it's much easier for me to take, and learn from, critical criticism from members here on hunting ethics and techniques (i.e. archery vs rifle, Scenario 7, long range rifles, etc.) than on my religious or political alignments.

As an example, nearly everyone on this site is "converting" me with your constant "proselytizing" toward using a hunting technology which should have become obsolete 200 years ago. You are all highly effective "missionaries" dead set on "convincing me of your opinions" on the superiorty of a broadhead over a 180 grain Partition going at 2800 ft/sec... :) Now this is the kind of "religious and political" discussion I intend to participate in (Grin). Strong opinions expressed are required...
Harmy

First Name: Chris

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 07, 2013 •  [Post 14]

Funny how things go. I just saw the very same post over on AT. There were, I think, 20 responces to it and all were VERY positive!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby FemoralArchery » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 15]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Funny how things go. I just saw the very same post over on AT. There were, I think, 20 responces to it and all were VERY positive!

Its funny you say that WW, because over on AT, you can't hardly say anything about anything without some sort of argument/bashing/confrontation.

I also whole heartedly disagree that this has nothing to do with hunting. The vast majority of people that hunt, hunt with a firearm. Many of us here do. I hunt with a firearm as much or more than I do with a bow. I, for one, will continue to support my rights, I do not "force" them onto anyone, but I am not afraid to tell you what I think. I gave 4 years of my life to serve for what I believe in, a sacrifice that pales in comparison to what some have given, but its more than most give.

Maybe Phantom toed the line a little, I didn't feel that this was overly politcal, nor religious. I saw no problem what so ever with the second video either. Maybe some of you can stop complaining.
FemoralArchery

First Name: Adam