Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Beard Thread….

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Beard Thread….

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 14, 2023 •  [Post 1]

Why do men, by choice, have a small forest on their face ;). Watching the Mariners beating the Rockies tonight and see Blackmon at bat with the big bush on his face. What is the allure of a big old beard? Really interested I what you bearded guys have to say.

48FC775C-0B9F-4F72-81A7-2841DF7E4444.jpeg
48FC775C-0B9F-4F72-81A7-2841DF7E4444.jpeg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 530 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Beard Thread….

Postby Jhg » 04 14, 2023 •  [Post 2]

When I was young, the first beard was grown because, well, it was the first I could grow. Big milestone. Then it became a six months on (winter) six off for a bunch of years. I lived in Maine then and besides being a really good insulator the ice chunks that formed were cool too.
Women loved it.
Then my hair up top fell out and the beard just seemed outa balance after that. Never grew another.

Anyway, it very much was a right of passage and a flag of virility for awhile. Of course I never understood that until way later. At the time it was just a cool way to individualize. And fun.
Jhg

Postby Lefty » 04 15, 2023 •  [Post 3]

My brothers and dad each grew beards in the winter. and the beard was grown for warmth and convince.
While I have more hair on my head than most ever have it just doesn't seem to grow on my face.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby 7mmfan » 04 15, 2023 •  [Post 4]

I've had a beard on my face almost continuously since I was 16. Way back then it was because I was the first of my peers to be able to grow one. Then it became a convenience, just not having to shave. Now I feel naked without one. I have tried to grow it out a few times but that just isn't my style. It gets trimmed once a week. Enough of the hair on my head has fallen out that it gets shaved bald weekly now, but my face will likelybalways have hair. Plus it's extra camo during hunting season. The gray that has crept into it really breaks up the profile. :lol:
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Swede » 04 16, 2023 •  [Post 5]

Once in a while I let my beard grow on my elk hunt. It comes off fast when I get home for some reason. I don't want a beard, but I don't like shaving a lot either. Even though I have to shave, I can still get ready for church in half the time it takes my wife to prepare herself. Some of you will probably say, it shows that I don't take much time in front of a basin and mirror. The baseball player looks too much like a Neanderthal with a club. Maybe that was his point.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 19, 2023 •  [Post 6]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Why do men, by choice, have a small forest on their face ;). Watching the Mariners beating the Rockies tonight and see Blackmon at bat with the big bush on his face. What is the allure of a big old beard? Really interested I what you bearded guys have to say.

[Beard or no beard, I'll bet you would like to have Blackmon on your team :lol:
attachment=0]48FC775C-0B9F-4F72-81A7-2841DF7E4444.jpeg[/attachment]
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Tigger » 04 21, 2023 •  [Post 7]

Men with beards likely have manbuns, wear skinny jeans, sport flat brimmed hats and shoot 6.5 Creedmoors. Yeah. I said it. :o :shock: :lol:
Tigger

Postby 7mmfan » 04 21, 2023 •  [Post 8]

Tigger wrote:Men with beards likely have manbuns, wear skinny jeans, sport flat brimmed hats and shoot 6.5 Creedmoors. Yeah. I said it. :o :shock: :lol:

SHOTS FIRED! :evil:
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Jhg » 04 21, 2023 •  [Post 9]

I don't spend much time checking out men. What are "manbuns"?
Jhg