Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

i spent real money on running shoes.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

i spent real money on running shoes.

Postby pointysticks » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 1]

i'm not a lightweight. i dont run like a gazelle. i've broken legs in motorcycle crashes and things healed..crooked. :D

i've been running. did it to hunt fall elk, and simply stayed with it. well, i biked alot (mountain and road). with the shorter daylight hours..i started the running. safer for the most part running on a pedestrian trail.

well, my feet hurt, my knees and my hips would ache. my boss saw my beater running shoes and suggested i get fitted and buy real shoes. i took his advice. some tech filmed me running and played it back slow-mo. wow. i am a goofy runner! he suggested some custom inserts..i bought in. my wallet was brutalized..but i ran two 3 miles runs this weekend!! my times improved greatly..and the biggest thing i noticed..i wasnt stomping anymore. before you could hear me coming for miles. i stomped. i also found out i was buying shoes too big for me.

i go AZ deer hunting this weekend. again, hiking and following my brother and a few SWAT guys. i am much more healthy. this is gonna be even more fun, not dying on the death-hikes. we got intel from a local couse deer hunting friend..he put a pin mark on a map. it is waaaaaayyyy back there.

wish me luck. this running and cycling is a game changer for me. downside. with all this physical exercise, i shot my bow much less. how do guys do both and give each sufficient time is a mystery to me.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: i spent real money on running shoes.

Postby Swede » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 2]

It is great to find something like better shoes that make a major improvement in your ability to do the things you enjoy. Best of luck on hunting those wily desert rascals.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: i spent real money on running shoes.

Postby foxvalley » 01 09, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Pointy, Good job with the new shoes,and good luck on your hunt.
foxvalley

First Name: doug
Last Name: houghton