Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What are you willing to pay!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What are you willing to pay!

Postby Lefty » 06 05, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Im sure we all know guys whose ex-wives claimed their guy chose something over them as their wife.

Joes statement reminded me, on something I really began to consider.

Indian Summer wrote: time into each plan. They have to fit the abilities of the hunters. Also be tailored to their preferences. ,,,,I should charge $10,000 for a plan. J

Ive hear guys say they would give their right or left fill in the blank for fill in the blank

What is a hunt worth, or value of a hunt, oar an individual animal
The timing worked out, for waterfowl hunts with my daughters, ( and my wife and my FIL) I ended up with exclusive permission hunt
a field.
As a family we were able to experience some of the finest goose hunts, most people will never experience. Looking back, is there any amount of money that could be placed on the value of those hunts. Our hunts were the envy of every boy that hunted in High school. And yes many of those boys got to hunt with us too. And most those hunts were the best they will ever experienced.

Long ago friends drew a coveted Utah CWWU, Dad killed a 390+ bull,, and passed weeks later. A priceless hunt!

Talking to a long ago acquaintance and now hunting guide. He was asking me about parts of the services he provides.
And one thing was about price. I tossed back at him what would he be willing to pay for two big game animals he lost. (He is also quite sure he has 5 or 6 others that are now bigger ) Evidently that had weighed heavy on his mind .
He came back with an immediate response!
" Two years wages for each" (Ok he has always been a bachelor,, driven by what he does )
The whole woulda coulda shoulda thing.
As a married guy. My answer would be different,, but if a single guy How much would a kill of a particular animal been worth! Or worth at that time or now ?

I had a scope fail and missed a shot on a 357 bull, ( killed minutes later). And other horror stories :lol:
Hind sight: As a teacher what woulda I given up on my bull of a life time, I had been following him for 3 years and spent 17 days with him That August, and missed out the last two days of his life
Ive posted his pic before the first year I hunted for these bulls Im not sure what I would exchange for these elk on my wall
Looking back I think my wife would have given up a years pay, to let the bull be on the wall. She would have also tried to convince me there is no reason to keep hunting elk,, because their wont be bigger :lol:
2013-08-01 07-48-49.JPG
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H