Lion attacked kid, stevens county WA

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Lion attacked kid, stevens county WA

Postby wawhitey » 05 29, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Lion attacked kid, stevens county WA

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 29, 2022 •  [Post 2]

That’s horrible! Huge prayers sent her way, asking God to help heal her physically, then mentally…and please give her family strength as they stay by her side. Very sad.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby 7mmfan » 05 29, 2022 •  [Post 3]

It's very sad. How quick that went from her doing something fun to fighting for her life. And 100% preventable.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby wawhitey » 05 29, 2022 •  [Post 4]

7mmfan wrote:It's very sad. How quick that went from her doing something fun to fighting for her life. And 100% preventable.

Little girl got hurt bad. Life flighted to spokane. Hours of surgery. Best case scenario, lifelong facial scars. Childs life ruined by seattle politics. Its a tragedy
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Jhg » 05 30, 2022 •  [Post 5]

Tragic, yes. Political? No.

How would it have been "100% preventable"? I have spent my life in the woods and you would have to kill every single animal to make that claim.

"Seattle politics"? All that statement does is suggest there is some sort of detached group that determines policy for the rest of us. That just feeds the myth it is "us vs them" and "them" are evil. Frankly, I am sick of hearing that kind of divisive, simplistic rhetoric.

800,000 dog bites every year. 44,000 of theses attacks are very serious and usually facial injuries requiring emergency room care and surgery.
60% of the 800,000 are attacks on children and the more serious for children are almost exclusively children over 10 years old.
77% of the injuries are to the face.
Average hospital stay for serious dog bites/attacks is just over 4 days.

When was the last time you read about a dog attack being the fault of a group of voters?

Wild animal attacks are extremely rare, yet are singled out for attention and used as a lever to scare the uninformed.
Jhg

Postby Swede » 05 30, 2022 •  [Post 6]

I am saddened for the child that was attacked by the cougar but agree with Jhg.
That piece on the wolves is pure propaganda. I thought we were going to stay away from politics on this forum so why are we bringing in in through the back door so to speak by attaching it to another article? I cannot imagine why a much smaller population of wolves in NE Washington would be a bigger problem than they are in northern Idaho which is right next door. I think Washington allows you to protect your property from wolves. Rancher, go out and protect your cows and move them around as your permit requires. Jacob and his sons were doing that 4,000 years ago. David did that 3,000 years ago. Protecting and moving your cattle is not political, but you need to get out a lot like other ranchers do.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 30, 2022 •  [Post 7]

If I need to put “no political topics or comments” back in the forum rules, I certainly can. Let’s keep our threads, and posts/comments about hunting critters….its much better for what our forum is all about....
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 05 30, 2022 •  [Post 8]

Sad deal,, appears she is recovering quickly.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H