Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

colorado guys

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

colorado guys

Postby bnsafe » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

is anybody going to the denver outdoor expo in january. i would love to go but not sure i wanna try to fight the crowd, parking, etc. just wondering if anybody else was going, is it worth the hassle or not fun at all.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: colorado guys

Postby cnelk » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

i used to go, it was fun but it became quite expensive, lots of people and just a PITA
if you havent ever been to one, its an experience
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby bnsafe » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 3]

thanks cnelk, that didnt sound fun to me at all. but they have alot of seminars i would like to go to
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 03, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I went one time and really enjoyed myself but never again. And those parking lots downtown, well all I can say is, they cram cars in there so tight you can't even open your car door to get out. It was just after 9/11 and there were probably close to 1000 people waiting in line. I swear, you could have heard a pin drop in that place. The show itself was up on another floor level and I suppose there was a building code load limit on the amount of people they could allow in at any one time. Anyhow, once we got up to the show itself we did have a pretty good time. I thought it was more oriented to boats, campers, and fisning. As for the hunting part there were several outfitters trying to sell their services and there were several seminars that I didn't bother to fight the crowd to go to.

Overall, I'd say if you enjoy that kind of stuff go ahead and go. I think you'll have a good time, as I did. I guess my biggest problem was I just don't like being in big crowds. But for the first timer, I think you'll really enjoy.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby dotman » 01 03, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Gonna be a good seminar in KC on Feb 23rd, plane tickets are cheap from Denver to KC currently :). Just bought Arons ticket and round trip was $120
dotman

Postby Bartfrncs » 01 04, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Ive been and it is fun. I say why not give it a shot.
Bart
Bartfrncs

First Name: Bart
Last Name: Frncs