Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Somebody must really like my signage

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Somebody must really like my signage

Postby wawhitey » 04 18, 2022 •  [Post 1]

So i have a bunch of very nice steel, powdercoated signs. "No hunting" "no trespassing" and "private property keep out". I had a couple screwed in to a big pine down by my mailbox with 4" screws. Apparently somebody else thought they were quite desirable. In fact they wanted them so bad that they trespassed on my property to steal my no trespassing signs. Presumably because they dont like people trespassing on THEIR property. How ridiculous is that? Im really at the point where i just hate people in general.
Attachments
20220418_172840_copy_800x600.jpg
20220418_172840_copy_800x600.jpg (205.42 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Somebody must really like my signage

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 18, 2022 •  [Post 2]

I’m not too far from your opinion/perception. Used to be a very small population of people in the mountain states were Aholes, it seems that population is increasing constantly. Whaddya ya do; move to the wilds of Canada? Getting beyond sick and tired of this cra!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 04 18, 2022 •  [Post 3]

You need to make one that says thieves buried beneath this sign! I despise thieves. No mercy if I catch them!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby 7mmfan » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Those are nice looking signs. I can see why someone would want them. Maybe you should make crappier looking signs?
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Swede » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 5]

I have had things stolen or messed with, but what amazes me is how much stuff is left alone. It is very rare anything in camp is disturbed and usually my stands and trail cameras are left untouched. What surprises me is just what gets taken. My tree stand is usually left but my drop line has been cut and stolen a couple of times. Once it was a small rope and once just a string of baling twine. The person that took the rope left me enough to reach the ground from my stand. They just wanted what they determined I did not need.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Jhg » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 6]

Back when I was about 20... ahh never mind.
Jhg

Postby Lefty » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 7]

I like me 8-) 8-)

wawhitey wrote:,,,, Im really at the point where i just hate people in general.
Now this is from a guy who lives in the backwoods and works in Alaska,, Hmm , I seem to know a few guys just like that :lol:

Some people are certainly worthy of great dislike, a few maybe even of hate.

Put your pretty new signs up,, with a couple cameras about 12 feet up,
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 8]

I agree with Lefty on this matter. Sure, it is aggravating to lose even small items but "I just hate people in general" is too narcissistic for me. I just hope we are all as pure in our dealings with others as we expect them to be with us.
Swede

Postby wawhitey » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 9]

Im going to buy some of those security screws or bolts whatever, that you need special bits to take off. Put my signs up with those. Pretty ridiculous you have to lock up everything that can be carried off. Just bought a new trailer yesterday with a full sized spare. The spare is just held onto the bracket by 2 nuts. I figure a thief would see that and take it, knowing he could be done and gone in just a minute. So i bought a lugnut locker. Im sure a determined thief could break it, but it will at least make them think twice, knowing it will take a bit more time and effort. Without the lock im sure the spare would be stolen in no time. One more key on the key ring i guess.
Attachments
20220418_151854_copy_800x600.jpg
20220418_151854_copy_800x600.jpg (90.98 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 10]

And of course these things for my tow hitches. Got 2 keyed alike. One for the truck, one for the quad. Tired of having stuff stolen. I need to move farther from civilization i guess.
Attachments
20220419_173629_copy_800x600.jpg
20220419_173629_copy_800x600.jpg (153.75 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
71JS-L5QFHL._AC_SL1500__1_1080x_copy_800x798.jpg
71JS-L5QFHL._AC_SL1500__1_1080x_copy_800x798.jpg (100.55 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 04 19, 2022 •  [Post 11]

7mmfan wrote:Those are nice looking signs. I can see why someone would want them. Maybe you should make crappier looking signs?

Maybe somebody should knock on my door and inquire as to how they could acquire some of those signs in an honest fashion. If somebody was to do that, i would give them a few spares for free, they wouldnt have to steal them. Ive already given several to a guy ive become friends with who bought an 84 acre chunk near my place. You and rj would know him as nwavidoutdoorsman, or something to that effect, on huntwa.
wawhitey

Postby Tigger » 04 20, 2022 •  [Post 12]

We have had our signs shot. I cannot imagine the skill level needed to hit a foot by foot and a half sign from 15 yards or less.

I am not quite ready to say I hate people, but I sure am happier when there are only people around I have come to know and trust. Sure, new people can become great friends, but it can also go the other way.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 04 20, 2022 •  [Post 13]

I have no idea that anyone wants a forum preacher, but whenever I read things about hating others, a few things come to mind.
We just commemorated what we call Good Friday. That was a day in history when Christ Jesus was mocked, stat upon, beaten beyond recognition, and crucified for sinners and by sinners.
Our English word "excruciate" comes from the Latin meaning "out of the cross."

If anyone had a right to hate people Jesus did. But what does God's Word say? "For God so loved the world ..." You know John 3: 16.
Here are just a few more verses on loving our neighbor. Mark 12: 30-31, Luke 6: 27-28, Leviticus 19: 17, 1John 2: 11, 4: 7, 4: 19-21. Hating people is not an area where we want to get on God's bad side. He will take care of these matters in His own way and in His own time.
I recognize it is easy to hate but for your own sake think as Jesus did.
Swede

Postby Tom Grates » 04 21, 2022 •  [Post 14]

Probably some long haired freakey person!

In all seriousness though, I have got to the point of locking everything, you should see my trailer after we disconnect it out west, ball lock, master locks, boot locks, its crazy! I had to go to the extent of putting two surveillance systems on my cabin, not because my stuff was tampered with, but because many others were and I keep a ton of stuff in my shed and garage.

As far as hating people, you can ask Joe how well I like people, he always laughs cause I love my labs and hate all people.
Tom Grates

Postby Lefty » 04 22, 2022 •  [Post 15]

I had to help Andrew put up security cameras yesterday. He had kept gas outside of the shop,,,

. You need to be a real moron to be a thief in my neighborhood. Some real sophisticated redneck Idaho gun owners, retired military, few law officers only one crazy SEAL,4 doors down, and his brother across the road

The word got out; Three young guys thought they could get beer ,, all these unlocked houses,.. Too many non drinkers in our neighborhood,,, These three young guys made it to Dons house,,,, :lol: Before the young guys were in police custody they had to clean Dons floors
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H