Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

happy new years

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

happy new years

Postby bnsafe » 12 31, 2012 •  [Post 1]

its been a wild ride for me the last 15 mos. sep 2010 saw me bowhunting bear in minnesota for the first time followed one week later by my first antelope hunt in nebraska. july 2012 i got in on a last minute cancellation hunt for prairie dogs in wyoming then first elk hunt in colorado in september. i have enough stories to tell to fill up this forum but wont bore you. since my elk hunt we have been planning and now have moved to colorado from missouri. all that in the last 15 mos. now there has been alot of bad in there to with family deaths and major falling out of family relationships. all in all its been awesome though. and for the record no im not rich or even well paid. all hunts were either free with a friend or diy cow tags, etc. ive learned most hunts are doable if the will is there to do it. and my marriage has never been stronger. colorado is gorgeous, and i couldnt be happier. so, happy new years to all and heres to bigger and better things
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: happy new years

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 01, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Wow, you have done & been through a ton!! Sounds like you're stronger than ever for your efforts! Nice going! Happy New Year to you & your family!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bnsafe » 01 01, 2013 •  [Post 3]

thanks paul, a little long winded but i may have had a bit to much rum last nite. lol. now my goals are to first get the kids in on a elk cow and mule deer doe kill, then kill a mule deer, elk, and a bear eventually for me. i dont care if they are does and cows but have always wanted my top 5. i have the whitetail and antelope. i wish i had more time to draw for moose, sheep, and would love to kill a lion. but will be perfectly happy with a cow and doe.
bnsafe

Postby Swede » 01 01, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Life is not boring and is not intended to be easy. This thread reminds me of what the Apostle Paul wrote to the Romans 8:28: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." Have a great New Year.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 01, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Amen Swede.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby bnsafe » 01 01, 2013 •  [Post 6]

well said swede, no doubt God has moved us out here, and i cant wait to see why. we are actively searching for a new church home now.
bnsafe