Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

NFL Playoffs

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

NFL Playoffs

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 08, 2022 •  [Post 1]

I’m sure there’s a few Pro Football fans here. Well, how’s your team doing and how far do expect them to go? Yes, I know a lot of the playoff finalities won’t be done shaking out till after tomorrows game, but……. whaddya think?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby Lefty » 01 08, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Never had much time for football .

So who's playing ?? My mother in law knew more about foot than I do!

When buddy was on the Vikings I use to sneak him home to his parents. Some times I would play pool for dinner or drinks ( 7-up) with some of the rookies

Years later students wanted me to be their 8 th grade football coach. I called Karl who was coaching a little league team ,,, he joked,, "Do you even know what position I played :lol: (I didnt know)
Karl gave me some advise That advise was followed, our team went from a win :lose 1:29 games to district champs.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 01 09, 2022 •  [Post 3]

I just wish they would get this football stuff over. I sit down to watch the news, turn on the tv where all I get is football. I have no time for football. baa humbug.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 01 09, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:I just wish they would get this football stuff over. I sit down to watch the news, turn on the tv where all I get is football. I have no time for football. baa humbug.

Im so busy, this forum and hunting and working on a honey do list I dont have time for TV either,, maybe Im stretching's the facts a bit, replace busy with tired ! :lol:
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 01 09, 2022 •  [Post 5]

If I had nothing to do, I would be too busy for football. I can't say if soccer or football bores me the most.
With football someone kicks the ball, and someone else catches it, and he runs a few yards and gets stopped. That is where everything stops. The team with the ball gets together for a conference and decide what they are going to do to move the ball forward. The try something but it very rarely works, so they have another conference. About that time someone cheats and they move the ball backwards. Then they take a break (timeout) for another conference. About that time someone cheats on the other team so they are back to where they started. This goes on for 3-4 hours. I liked it when it was on ESPN. I don't subscribe to it, so it did not bother me. When the players are done playing football, they sue the league for the injuries they knew they would get when they agree to play the goofy game.
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 09, 2022 •  [Post 6]

Well, this thread flopped. Can’t believe I’m the only one who follows pro football.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Tigger » 01 10, 2022 •  [Post 7]

Well, I follow football. Being a Vikings fan, it is a bit of a stretch to say I follow professional football though. Hopefully they fire the coach and GM today. We always have a big Super Bowl party at my house. I suppose I better start thinking about that.
Tigger

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 10, 2022 •  [Post 8]

Tigger wrote:Well, I follow football. Being a Vikings fan, it is a bit of a stretch to say I follow professional football though. Hopefully they fire the coach and GM today. We always have a big Super Bowl party at my house. I suppose I better start thinking about that.
Well, my team did fire their head coach and offensive coordinator. And they all went on vacation until next year :shock:
>>>---WW---->

Postby Swede » 01 10, 2022 •  [Post 9]

Don't worry RJ. I have more fun being a curmudgeon than going along with whatever the plan is. Just because I am not interested is no reason for anyone else not to enjoy the game. Few people like what appeals to me like old dogs and A-wall tents.
Swede

Postby 7mmfan » 01 10, 2022 •  [Post 10]

Sorry RJ, I also don't follow football, or any professional sports for that matter. I spent all my spare time as a 20 something out in the woods or on the river fishing, and now that I have a son, I try to do the same with him. Something about sitting around the house all day on a Saturday watching TV just doesn't sit well with me. Plus, all those guys get paid way to much money to entertain us, also doesn't sit well with me.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan