Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Veterans Day 2021

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Veterans Day 2021

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 10, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Please take a short pause on Thursday, 11 November, 2021 to thank an active duty service member, and/or a prior service member (Army, Marine, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, and our newest branch, the US Space Force) for serving. Thank them and check in on them. Ask them how they're doing during this very challenging time in our nation's history. Here is the message that many of us (Army associated) received this morning from the Army Chief of Staff, the Sergeant Major of the Army, and the Secretary of the Army. I thought it was spot on.

"In honor of Veterans Day, we thank each and every Soldier and Soldier for Life who has worn the uniform of the United States Army in service to our great Nation. From the members of our greatest generation to the veterans of the post-9/11 era, you represent the best of America and leave behind a legacy of honor and courage for all to emulate.

This year we also commemorate the centennial of Arlington National Cemetery's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, that hallowed and iconic reminder of the sacrifices of our forbearers. The Army value of personal courage means facing fear, danger, and adversity. Sometimes that means putting oneself in harm's way, but it also means knowing when to ask for help. This year has been especially difficult for many of our veterans. We ask that you check in on the people in your life who have served. Make sure they have a "squad." If not, invite them into your own. It remains our honor and privilege to serve with the people of the United States Army, past and present. People First! Winning Matters! Army Strong!"

I personally would like to thank all the members on WapitiTalk.com who are currently serving, or, who have served our great nation in the past. US Army - This We'll Defend; US Marine Corps - Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful); US Navy - Non Sibi Sed Patriae (Not Self but Country; US Air Force - Aim High, Fly-Fight-Win; US Coast Guard - Semper Paratus (Always Ready); and the newly founded US Space Force - Semper Supra (Always Above).

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaW5mcmFnYXJkLWxhLm9yZy93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxOS8xMS9pbWFnZTAwNS5qcGc~.jpg
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Veterans Day 2021

Postby Jhg » 11 10, 2021 •  [Post 2]

My nephew earned a purple heart in Afghanistan. We always reach out to him and thank him for his service.
Jhg

Postby Tigger » 11 11, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Thanks to RJ and all of the other veterans on Hunttalk!
Tigger

Postby 7mmfan » 11 11, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Yes thank you. There really is no greater country on earth, an our outstanding military is the reason it still stands.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan