Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Running out of time !Morning journal entry.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Running out of time !Morning journal entry.

Postby Lefty » 08 17, 2021 •  [Post 1]

This morning I woke early, too early, 4:27AM. 77 degrees, that is too hot for SE Idaho.
shortly after 5:00 I was out turning on yard sprinklers and pasture irrigation. The heat of yesterday put the smell of the harvested wheat field, mixed with a little skunk. Hmmm,. Coyotes howling every directions,, Oh how I like that smell and sounds of days gone past. Over an hour later the mountain down drafts seemed to finally show up, the temperature dropping. I took Daisy out for a run, Im on the ATV. If I was a single guy I would have been gone hours ago for a hike into a new canyon some distance from our camp.

Im missing the neighbor kids, All in lock-down with Covid, again. . Not much left to do before season except trying to shoot more arrows per day. Ah heck,, think I head out and look for some coyotes and see if any geese have migrated in. Maybe make my wife a nice breakfast, pull some weeds in the garden! Organize the shed,

Maybe take Sparky My daughters mini horse for a walk. Sounds like hes coming to camp this year and hasn't worn his pack for a few years.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Running out of time !Morning journal entry.

Postby Lefty » 08 17, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Moments after that last post I was called to help on a back yard deck. We worked till it was 93 degrees, and the sun peeked through the smoke, Im done.

My wife thinks Im too excited about season :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She commanded me to shoot an elk, any elk, and to get Julies elk the 2nd week!!! Im still not sure if I can make that work :lol:
I needed a return on some gloves , and I dont fit the one pair of pants from a few years ago. :o

Headed to Cabelas In Idaho Falls for some last moment shopping and admired the Spider bull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrxVbT3IVYc

bought some boots, gloves, pants, calls , a couple Rapalas, Oh and a hamburger at Wendys.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H