Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

VISITOR LAST NIGHT

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

VISITOR LAST NIGHT

Postby Lefty » 08 02, 2021 •  [Post 1]

We have a long ways to go to have wildlife friends like Wawhitey

Skunk, fox, coyotes have all been feed by our back yard bird run. Swans ducks and geese are common enough, and if the Had a fox come into the garage and eat dog food this winter, Ive always liked chumming fox and coyotes with bear bait.
Years ago a red tailed hawk loved swooping down on Our other lab Holly. Pheasants , Hungarian partridge, are common enough, A handful of times deer and moose in the neighbors field.

Early this AM Daisy sounded the alarm. I suspected skunk or raccoon lost inside the dog fence around the back yard. I kept Daisy in the house and scanned the fenced perimeter. Last thing I wanted was washing the dog after getting sprayed

Daisy kept barking. And didnt want to take the lead., Her hackles up, tail straight,,, and staying slightly behind me :D I had left the shed door open,, Maybe a family of raccoon checking out the bear bait

Grabbing a bright light running the light where Daisy was fixated and a bigger lion ran past me on the garage concrete apron, just thirty feet.

Dogs sounded off up and down the street as I presumed the lion ran down the road.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: VISITOR LAST NIGHT

Postby GoGriz1234 » 08 02, 2021 •  [Post 2]

That’s a lot of excitement. Next time snap a photo so we can feel like we were there too!! :D
GoGriz1234

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Marshall

Postby Lefty » 08 02, 2021 •  [Post 3]

A bit of excitement. I was sound asleep with in thirty minutes. Had to answere texts from neighbors, 4 doors down both his labs are well trained in the yard invisafence. Both were out on the road.
Secound door down,, he has some funky sheep and two trained shepherds, They were on full alert.

GoGriz1234 wrote:That’s a lot of excitement. Next time snap a photo so we can feel like we were there too!! :D
I
I stood on the back patio looking for a skunk while Daisy barked .
Just beyond the porch light, then ran past

My wife want me to get the trail cams back out to see if it comes back,,
twice early this spring there was one that killed a couple house cats . We're only 2 miles from the mountians and 3/4 mile from the Fort Hall bottoms , were just houses and potato's
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 08 03, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Daughters boyfiend has been having this straggler hanging in his back yard, and sometimes his front yard
Zoom in

7452.jpeg
7452.jpeg (179.58 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Lefty