Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Oregon Petition to Criminalize Hunting.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Oregon Petition to Criminalize Hunting.

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 12, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Saw this thread on Hunt WA. https://www.gohunt.com/read/news/oregon-initiative-petition-13-proposes-to-criminalize-hunting#gs.5qnm8k. Amazing how a good portion of our population think. Makes me sad.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Oregon Petition to Criminalize Hunting.

Postby Lefty » 07 12, 2021 •  [Post 2]

First the whole initiative thing s out of control in Oregon.
I hate to say it,, but too many people don't understand the law making process, Then they don't understand the consequences. There are good reasons Representatives don't present this laws that go on the ballot.
I think going "green" in Oregon messed things up
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 07 13, 2021 •  [Post 3]

There is too much money involved with hunting and fishing for this to pass. Even in Portland there is a lot of money tied to hunting and fishing. Fishing is huge around here.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 07 22, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:There is too much money involved with hunting and fishing for this to pass. Even in Portland there is a lot of money tied to hunting and fishing. Fishing is huge around here.

Be carefull: look what happened to LLBean, Eddie Bauer, and Columbia,.. They, Trappers and waterfowlers whose investors and grand kids dumped sportsman
G.I. Joe's was a privately owned retail chain for sporting goods, that operated stores in the Pacific Northwest region of the northwestern United States.
Founded in 1952, the company had as many as 31 stores, located in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. It was based in Wilsonville, Oregon. In 2007, the company changed its name to Joe's. In 2009, it filed for bankruptcy and was liquidated.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 07 22, 2021 •  [Post 5]

This is my opinion. I guess we will see.
We can all run around screaming like our hair is on fire. The anti hunting and anti fishing people have always been around. Nothing has changed. Corporate decisions are made based on their vision and the direction they want to go, including who they want to appeal to. GI Joes, The Gay Blade, etc. changed to project a better corporate image. Don't worry about Mr. Potato Head either. I suspect a unisex potato will come out to appeal to the girls.
The measure won't pass. I suspect they will likely fall short on the required signatures. In the meantime we can all sit around and worry. We will see.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics