Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bobcat attacks woman in NC

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bobcat attacks woman in NC

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 19, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Buddy sent me this earlier; appears to be real?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bo ... &FORM=VIRE
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Bobcat attacks woman in NC

Postby Lefty » 04 19, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Made Good Morning America today.
The cat had rabies
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 19, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Ya, that cat was not right in the head. I’ve hear those rabies shots are no fun.
WapitiTalk1

Postby 7mmfan » 04 20, 2021 •  [Post 4]

That's brutal. We had a racoon wandering around our cul de sac the other week that had something wrong with it. Had zero fear of humans, but wasn't aggressive. I was going to shoot it but before I could get back it was in the woods. Definitely makes me a little nervous because the kids like to play down there. No sign in over a week though so I'm assuming it's either dead or gone.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 20, 2021 •  [Post 5]

7mmfan wrote:That's brutal. We had a racoon wandering around our cul de sac the other week that had something wrong with it. Had zero fear of humans, but wasn't aggressive. I was going to shoot it but before I could get back it was in the woods. Definitely makes me a little nervous because the kids like to play down there. No sign in over a week though so I'm assuming it's either dead or gone.

Had a very similar event with a day walking racoon a handful of years ago out at my place. It looked horrible, had open sores on it, was pretty much blind, and was looking around under our bird/squirrel feeding area for food, middle of the day. Had the wife lock the dogs inside and put a well placed round into that poor old coon. Called the WDFW in Olympia and spoke to a biologist if I remember right. Told him what I'd done and asked what could have possibly been wrong with the coon. He actually wasn't very interested and just told me to bury or burn it. Well, I wasn't about to bonfire a diseased old racoon so it got buried.
WapitiTalk1

Postby 7mmfan » 04 22, 2021 •  [Post 6]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:
7mmfan wrote:That's brutal. We had a racoon wandering around our cul de sac the other week that had something wrong with it. Had zero fear of humans, but wasn't aggressive. I was going to shoot it but before I could get back it was in the woods. Definitely makes me a little nervous because the kids like to play down there. No sign in over a week though so I'm assuming it's either dead or gone.

Had a very similar event with a day walking racoon a handful of years ago out at my place. It looked horrible, had open sores on it, was pretty much blind, and was looking around under our bird/squirrel feeding area for food, middle of the day. Had the wife lock the dogs inside and put a well placed round into that poor old coon. Called the WDFW in Olympia and spoke to a biologist if I remember right. Told him what I'd done and asked what could have possibly been wrong with the coon. He actually wasn't very interested and just told me to bury or burn it. Well, I wasn't about to bonfire a diseased old racoon so it got buried.

I called animal control, same deal, no interest. Since it was in the woods there wasn't much they could do, which I understand. Bold wild a imals in the daylight aren't normal though and should be addressed.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan