Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

More on Christmas gifts for the wife

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

More on Christmas gifts for the wife

Postby Lefty » 12 23, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Maybe Moron on my part
My wife doesnt want Jewlry, appliances clothes, perfume, spas. Last year she gave me a $50.00 Limit,.. and guess who got in trouble! :roll: I should have known better,.. I already do most of the real cooking
So far I made a nice captians chair for the ATV, some chocolae, bird feed( she likes watching birds)
but Im desperate for a real gift,.. Were going out of the horse busisness( I really hope) so all the ideas of tack are over with( again I hope)
so help me out any Ideas for the imposible to buy for,..

Ahh and the trip to Hawaii , the cruise and Mexico are all out :(
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: More on Christmas gifts for the wife

Postby Lefty » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Theelkhunter wrote:Sorry I cant help ya! My wife tells me every year not to buy her anything, and I'm dumb enough to fall for it! ;)

Same bad advise from my wife last year for our anniversary,..
Lefty

Postby pointysticks » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 3]

my wife is the same.

for her birthday..i sat down and wrote her a poem. it was awful. but she loved it!! she has it tacked up on the fridge. sometimes the most inexpensive gift is the most difficult..took me a few hours to put something together.. i had to find a word that rhymed with "kidneys"..hahahha.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby pointysticks » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 4]

this year, i got off easy. she called me at work, sobbing that she lost the pearl earrings i gave her. sduring the very same phone call, i got on the computer and ordered her a new pair. easy!!

i wasnt lying when i told her it would all work out..they are "just" earrings.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Write your wife a Poem! Make it from the heart & personal it will go further than you can imagine!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Swede » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Getting rid of the broom tails should be a great present. It is worth several thousnd dollers each year. My wife has everything she needs, so I got her a book. And no it wasn't Tree Stand Hunting Rocky Mountain Elk. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby LckyTylr » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 7]

I made my wife a "coupon book" one year for Christmas when we didn't have any money. It was full of about 20 or so vouchers for items like the following.

"One 25 minute Shoulder Massage"
"One 15 minute Foot Massage"
"One Husband Cooked Breakfast"
"One Husband Cooked Dinner"
"One Husband House Cleaning"
"One Husband Bathroom Cleaning"

She loved it, they got used up really quick and I was worn out for the month of January. It kept me home when there aren't too many things to hunt and got me brownie points when I wanted to go out and Coyote hunt Feb and March.

Another idea . . . I came up with this idea when I was stationed in AK. I didn't have a girlfriend at the time, but my buddy did. He wanted to do something special for her, but she wouldn't give him any ideas. I told him that what she'd really appreciate would be a lot of time spent on her. He and I came up with this elaborate plan to send her on a wild goose chase / scavenger hunt.

I had him buy her 12 roses. We picked out 12 locations that he and she had spent time at (coffee shops, restaurants, etc). We traveled allllllllll over Fairbanks, we'd speak to the receptionist or waitress and ask them really nicely and explain what we were doing, to give a rose and a written tip to his GF when she walked in. When his GF landed at the airport, Brandon was supposed to pick her up, but instead, he sent her a text and told her to go to the rental car desk where he had arranged a ride for her. That was the beginning of the scavenger hunt. We left her car keys at the desk with the attendant. It took her a few hours to do all of this, it took us most of the day to set it up. With each new destination, she collected another rose and another tip on where to go next. By the time she got to her 12th rose, Brandon was waiting at the coffee shop where they met with two of their favorite take-out sandwiches and a candle-lit table.

Brandon said it was pretty special. I wish I had come up with that idea to use on my own, but it's a pretty slick idea. Just a thought.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson

Postby Lefty » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 8]

LckyTylr wrote:I made my wife a "coupon book" one year for Christmas when we didn't have any money. It was full of about 20 or so vouchers for items like the following.

"One 25 minute Shoulder Massage"
"One 15 minute Foot Massage"
"One Husband Cooked Breakfast"
"One Husband Cooked Dinner"
"One Husband House Cleaning"
"One Husband Bathroom Cleaning"

Tried those years ago,.. Im the one who wants and keeps a clean house,..heck one year when we were making good moeny I hired a cleaning lady for a few hours a week,.. I scored high with her co-workers, sisters, and mom
I still do most of the real cooking

A fellow I worked with sang in a quartet(sp?) a couple years back for a dozen roses and a couple songs in exchange for $35.00
on Valintines I got huge milage out of all her coworkers,..
That type of stuff just doesnt work for her, So I havent done the poem thing :?
Lefty