Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

i gotta tell you about Vortex Warranty. amazing (so far)

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

i gotta tell you about Vortex Warranty. amazing (so far)

Postby pointysticks » 12 19, 2012 •  [Post 1]

i needed a new rangefinder. the internal struggle of Leica vs Vortex was ended by a stranger selling me his barely used one for $225 shipped. couldnt pass it up. (ironically, he sold them to buy Leicas)

i got it, and first thing i noticed was how bright the optics were. by comparison my Nikons looks like i am peeking thru pantyhose. the vortex RF are bright! but the fly in the ointment? it was off by 3 yards at 35 yards compared to my nikons. my nikons are on the fritz..so i pulled out a precision lazer measuring device. my nikons when they worked blew the vortex away in accuracy.

i called Vortex. i talked to a nice lady, and explained my testing. she said, "yes..that doenst sound right..send them back to me"..they got them Friday afternoon..monday morning, i just got pinged an email..that a shipment from vortex is on the way. crazy good customer service.

i wonder if they simply replaced mine, or re-calibrated the ones i sent in..i'll let you know.

the process was painless!
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: i gotta tell you about Vortex Warranty. amazing (so far

Postby bnsafe » 12 19, 2012 •  [Post 2]

nice to hear. good customer service almost seems like a thing of the past
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby Swede » 12 19, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Interesting thread. I have had no reason to doubt the accuracy of my range finder. It matches the pins on my bow, or maybe my pins match the range finder distances, but now I want to check against a tape measured distance or two.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby dotman » 12 20, 2012 •  [Post 4]

As long as my bow and I are tuned with the RF a few yards doesn't bother me as long as it is consistent. So far mine has been good to go but it is great to hear how they are taking care of you. Make it so much easier to invest in a brand.
dotman