Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips
 

November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Moderators: Lefty, Swede, Tigger, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 02, 2020 •  [Post 1]

The November 2020 Photo Theme is – "That…. Was a Good Day”; let's see some photos a day you had that was particularly enjoyable ;)

1. One photo submission allowed per month, per member (yep, stinky MODs may enter a photo also).
2. Photo must relate to the monthly theme (or risk being disqualified).
3. Do not use photo editing software to enhance your photo. Just post the photo as it was taken with your camera, smart phone, trail cam, etc. You may have to resize some photos so they are accepted by the forum software; remember, photos can only be 800X600 pixels "MAX" for our forum.
4. You may use older photos you have on hand, but, do not submit a photo that has won a previous WT photo contest.
5. Any WT member may enter a photo they have taken or appear in.
6. Judging – WT members will vote on monthly photo submissions.
7. Contest period will normally end the last day of the month.
8. Winner must contact WapitiTalk1 via PM and provide mailing address for prize (your prize may be sent directly from a WT sponsor or from RJ).
9. Prizes will vary from month to month.
10. All monthly winners will be automatically entered into the "photo of the year" contest.

The prize for the November 2020 contest is (to be determined).
User avatar
WapitiTalk1
 
Posts: 7939
Joined: 06 10, 2012
Location: WA State
First Name: RJ

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 11 04, 2020 •  [Post 2]

IMG_3120.jpg
IMG_3120.jpg (132.92 KiB) Viewed 746 times
User avatar
Trumkin the Dwarf
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 612
Joined: 06 14, 2013
Location: Montana
First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Lefty » 11 04, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Everyday is a good day :D
Now I want to use last months picture
User avatar
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics
 
Posts: 5502
Joined: 06 25, 2012
Location: Pocatello Idaho
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby 7mmfan » 11 05, 2020 •  [Post 4]

I'll save the kiddo photo for another one. I remember this day, despite having many like it. Crap crap CRAP weather (South 30 kts, 10' seas) had most of the boats trapped in one or two spots, and fishing was tough. I had a gung-ho crew on board so I stuck my nose out and decided I could make it to the lee side of an island about a mile away, where there was a nice gravel flat that usually held bait. It was rough getting there, and a true white knuckler getting back with it quartering my tail, but this was the results, plus a couple jumbo halibut not featured in the photo. Man that was a good day.
Attachments
IMGP0677.JPG
IMGP0677.JPG (184.99 KiB) Viewed 739 times
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
User avatar
7mmfan
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 796
Joined: 09 07, 2017
Location: Washington State

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby muzzyelk » 11 05, 2020 •  [Post 5]

my first cougar shot during deer season this year I do not think I am going to forget that day soon :D sorry about the junk pic it was taken with my flip phone not the most quality camera
rsz_1603391885774_img_20201021_085108.jpg
rsz_1603391885774_img_20201021_085108.jpg (123.72 KiB) Viewed 731 times
muzzyelk
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 10, 2018
Location: Yacolt, WA

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Lefty » 11 06, 2020 •  [Post 6]

7mmfan wrote:I'll save the kiddo photo for another one. I remember this day, despite having many like it. Crap crap CRAP weather (South 30 kts, 10' seas) had most of the boats trapped in one or two spots, and fishing was tough. I had a gung-ho crew on board so I stuck my nose out and decided I could make it to the lee side of an island about a mile away, where there was a nice gravel flat that usually held bait. It was rough getting there, and a true white knuckler getting back with it quartering my tail, but this was the results, plus a couple jumbo halibut not featured in the photo. Man that was a good day.



Took some Nevada Cowboys out on Bouy 10 on the Columbia; 3 foot rollers,,. Puking and laughing. I think we landed 6 and filled the crab pots with 9"ers
User avatar
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics
 
Posts: 5502
Joined: 06 25, 2012
Location: Pocatello Idaho
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby 7mmfan » 11 06, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Lefty wrote:
7mmfan wrote:I'll save the kiddo photo for another one. I remember this day, despite having many like it. Crap crap CRAP weather (South 30 kts, 10' seas) had most of the boats trapped in one or two spots, and fishing was tough. I had a gung-ho crew on board so I stuck my nose out and decided I could make it to the lee side of an island about a mile away, where there was a nice gravel flat that usually held bait. It was rough getting there, and a true white knuckler getting back with it quartering my tail, but this was the results, plus a couple jumbo halibut not featured in the photo. Man that was a good day.



Took some Nevada Cowboys out on Bouy 10 on the Columbia; 3 foot rollers,,. Puking and laughing. I think we landed 6 and filled the crab pots with 9"ers


That sounds like a great day!
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
User avatar
7mmfan
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 796
Joined: 09 07, 2017
Location: Washington State

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Indian Summer » 11 07, 2020 •  [Post 8]

We took home the gold that year. Which one is me?
Attachments
B60E6A62-F9BC-4A10-9EEA-5467E4789B8C.jpeg
User avatar
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: 06 14, 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Lefty » 11 08, 2020 •  [Post 9]

Indian Summer wrote:We took home the gold that year. Which one is me?

You took the picture

Muzzy lets here the story on your kitty
User avatar
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics
 
Posts: 5502
Joined: 06 25, 2012
Location: Pocatello Idaho
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Indian Summer » 11 10, 2020 •  [Post 10]

Lefty wrote:
Indian Summer wrote:We took home the gold that year. Which one is me?

You took the picture


Lol nope. In 1973 was 8 years old.
User avatar
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: 06 14, 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Tigger » 11 10, 2020 •  [Post 11]

Are you the coach in the upper left hand corner? Just kidding. Hard call between #21 and #30. I will go with #30.
User avatar
Tigger
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: 01 12, 2015
Location: Minnesota

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Indian Summer » 11 10, 2020 •  [Post 12]

Tigger wrote:Are you the coach in the upper left hand corner? Just kidding. Hard call between #21 and #30. I will go with #30.

Nope... somewhere right between those two.
User avatar
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: 06 14, 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby wawhitey » 11 10, 2020 •  [Post 13]

muzzyelk wrote:my first cougar shot during deer season this year I do not think I am going to forget that day soon :D sorry about the junk pic it was taken with my flip phone not the most quality camera
rsz_1603391885774_img_20201021_085108.jpg


Hey muzzyelk, zach morris wants his phone back.
Real eyes realize real lies
User avatar
wawhitey
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: 02 21, 2013
Location: Stevens co, WA

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby muzzyelk » 11 11, 2020 •  [Post 14]

wawhitey wrote:
muzzyelk wrote:my first cougar shot during deer season this year I do not think I am going to forget that day soon :D sorry about the junk pic it was taken with my flip phone not the most quality camera
rsz_1603391885774_img_20201021_085108.jpg


Hey muzzyelk, zach morris wants his phone back.

???
muzzyelk
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 11 10, 2018
Location: Yacolt, WA

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby 7mmfan » 11 11, 2020 •  [Post 15]

muzzyelk wrote:
wawhitey wrote:
muzzyelk wrote:my first cougar shot during deer season this year I do not think I am going to forget that day soon :D sorry about the junk pic it was taken with my flip phone not the most quality camera
rsz_1603391885774_img_20201021_085108.jpg


Hey muzzyelk, zach morris wants his phone back.

???


Flip phone. Zack Morris, star of Saved by the Bell, 90s teen show.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
User avatar
7mmfan
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 796
Joined: 09 07, 2017
Location: Washington State

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby forkyshooter » 11 16, 2020 •  [Post 16]

this is my first deer i have shot first year hunting. #blacktail 2020
Attachments
RAW (5).jpg
RAW (5).jpg (331.37 KiB) Viewed 617 times
forkyshooter
Rank: New User
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 03, 2020
Location: yacolt

Re: November 2020 Photo of the Month Contest

Postby Swede » 11 19, 2020 •  [Post 17]

forkyshooter, that first deer will always have a special place in your mind. Your Blacktail reminds me of the first deer I shot many seasons ago. It was a Blacktail very similar to yours. You brought back a memory that stills comes around every now and again. Thanks
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics
 
Posts: 8768
Joined: 06 16, 2012