Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Politics- ugh!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Politics- ugh!

Postby Beendare » 08 11, 2020 •  [Post 1]

The last thing us hunters want to talk is politics...
The older I get, the more I realize....EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL.

My strategy is to be aware; study both sides on an issue, Vote, and contribute to organizations that I think are worthy.

So here is an example we are facing; the presidential election.

I have friends here in CA that literally will vote for anyone besides Trump. If Mickey Mouse was running...he would be their man!

I get it. Trump is an egotist...shoots his mouth off before considering the consequences...his commentary bugs me.

BUT, when it comes to his policy....he has our backs as Americans...and thats what counts.

A couple recent tidbits;

1) Do you realize that the meat packing plants were all going to shut down about a month ago? This would have been a catastrophe...no meat...animals being slaughtered because farmers can't afford to feed them, etc. Yeah, the meat packers would have been slaughtered [grin] from lawsuits by anyone claiming Covid from the meat. [one of the problems in the US is anyone can sue.....whether they have a case or not]

Trump indemnified the packers against lawsuits....which was against the wishes of the DEM';s....but now we have something too eat without waiting in long lines at the supermarket. Good policy!

2) The dems proposal for the next bailout has many millions going to illegals living in the US. Yep, one of the holdups that the Republicans say is non negotiable is the dems want millions to go to illegals- look it up....I'm not kidding. The Dems already slipped hundreds of millions in the first bill to art museums and the lowest of low; Lobbiest organizations. Think about that while you are paying off this debt for the next 20 years.

It goes on and on....and its worth doing your homework as if all you watch is CNN...you are getting spoon fed a slanted side of the story.

Yep, I hate politics....but I donate to SCI as they are in court constantly protecting hunting rights...[their #1 mission] I vote....and I toss a few bucks to good causes...like this moderate running against Omar in crazy Minnesota.

Don't bury your head in the sand....vote! You know the crazies sure will.....
“It takes no more time to see the good side of life.... than to see the bad.”
― Jimmy Buffett

"Everybody has a plan....until they get punched in the mouth" Mike Tyson

"
Beendare
Wapiti Hunting Archery Gear/Tactics

Re: Politics- ugh!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 12, 2020 •  [Post 2]

I'm going to lock this for now. Although the forum rules do not specifically say "no political topics" at this time, I have not allowed them in the past as I have seen how they can polarize forum members and usually end up with hard feelings (this phenomenon has played out on other hunting forums). What I will do is launch a thread and ask our members if they would like to have political topics/discussions allowed on WapitiTalk and go from there. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ