Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

very SW Vacation help!!!!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

very SW Vacation help!!!!!

Postby Lefty » 11 30, 2019 •  [Post 1]

My wife is retiring in January,.. after goose season we want to head south,.. I get to do the planning,.. then we'll do what she wants :lol: :?
We plan to take our little RV and maybe an ATV . Maybe, a three or four week trip, to some place warmer. I do know we will leave Idaho and head to her Sisters in Phoenix first
Sorry Swede: my wife said a visit to you is out of the question ;)
So where do we go! We would like public camping "boondocking". We don't need big name popular tourist places to over night. So far maybe part of the Texas coast? What about some of the border areas in Arizona California, New Mexico.
Should we bring an ATV?
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: very SW Vacation help!!!!!

Postby Swede » 11 30, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I like the desert just south of Tucson. For fun you can travel around and see quite a few sites. Go to Old Tucson where they filmed the western tv shows and movies. Check out the museum at the University of Arizona. Read the Zane Grey book The Drift Fence and The Hash Knife Outfit, the see the display of the Hash Knife Outfit at the museum. Drive over to Tombstone, and the old copper mine not far away. At Tombstone check out Boot Hill. "Here lies Lester Moore. Killed with five shots from a 44. No less no more", or something like that. Hike around the Saguaro National Park. You won't have time to see everything.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 11 30, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Swede wrote:,,,,,, You won't have time to see everything.

Hey we will be retired,.. As long as I make it back before opening of archery season. 8-)
Thanks Swede,.. just the type of stuff were looking for
Lefty

Postby >>>---WW----> » 12 01, 2019 •  [Post 4]

A charter fishing boat could be fun. On your way to the Texas coast don't forget to stop in San Antonio and visit the Alamo. And on your way back home you might want to see some of the sights in Colorado. And stop by the >>>---WW----> homestead in NW Colorado.
>>>---WW---->

Postby Lefty » 12 01, 2019 •  [Post 5]

>>>---WW----> wrote:A charter fishing boat could be fun. On your way to the Texas coast don't forget to stop in San Antonio and visit the Alamo. And on your way back home you might want to see some of the sights in Colorado. And stop by the >>>---WW----> homestead in NW Colorado.

Likely it will still be winter in NW Colorado when we go through :lol:

Im still a bit upset about my birthday surprise to Florida a week back ,.. nephews boss said we could use his boat anytime just hire a captain. But the boat was a hundred miles away and we never got out.

Fishing will be on the itinerary , Heck maybe even the>>>---WW---> homestead 8-)

So far good suggestions ,.. thanks guys
Lefty